MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pur 2012 Countryman S All4 has been doing excellent. We put fuel in it 2 days ago, drove around for half an hour or so, all was great. I went to start the car the next morning, and rough idle. Had codes run, shows many things that COULD be the problem....high pressure fuel pump, plugs, coils..... I replaced the oil, filter and spark plugs a short time ago. The car has been great. All of the sudden, this issue comes up. Like it's running rich.

This morning, I start the car, and it starts right up but has a mildly rough idle. My wife got in the car and said she smelled fuel really badly, smoke was coming from the tail pipes that smelled of fuel also. Is that coils, or fuel pump or what?

As I stated, the car ran great until this issue all of the sudden.Thanks for any help.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I siphoned most all of the fuel from the tank, ordered new coils, plugs, and a high pressure direct injection fuel pump. I will add the higher octane fuel, although my wife has used 87 octane for a year, and then try it out, followed by plugs and a test run, then coils, then the pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.