MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I am in the Market for a mini hatch and I am sitting on the fence between the SD and JCW 2012

My heart says JCW but my head says SD.

I commute 40 miles per day, 20 motorway and 20 on country roads average speeds of 65/75

I would really like to know if it is possible to achieve 350-400 miles (uk) per tank with this type of commute in the JCW or am I being optimistic.

Any help would be fantastic

Cheers

Afy

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd say it's achievable if you drive it conservatively. My OBC says 380-400 range on my JCW, and doing 65 on a 45 minute journey I can get 46mpg. But then when I pootle round town, or throw the right pedal down, that's all gone. So if you can reign it in for the whole tank you can do it, if you can't then you're normal, and the JCW is more fun anyway!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's some going. I get an average of 36mpg overall
On the my commute part of the journey I get 38mpg which is made up 10miles country roads (ave 50mph), 28 miles motorway (ave 70mph) and 5 miles heavy slow traffic.
I have just come from a SD which averaged 48mpg on my commute to work.

·
JamesTeehan
18 Posts
400m per tank... EASY.

I get between 430-500 depending on how many motorway miles I do... That is driving carefully though, that can easily fall to lower than 300m per tank.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You wont be doing your engines any favours by trying to achieve huge ranges out of a tank and always crawling around. The cars need to be driven hard regularly to help reduce and break up some of the carbon build up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
on_the_verge
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing