MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change my 08 Clubman S and I have just been underneath my nice new May 2012 Clubman S and noticed that whilst there is a dimpled heatshield on the offside rear above the exhaust there is not one on the nearside (the same side that the petrol filler is!). Is this correct? Comment has been made in the past as to why there is a rubber strip at the bottom of the drivers door but not on the passegger side. My 2012 model now has the strip on both doors! I also noticed that the puddle lights in the rear doors have not been fitted on the newer version, with the holes being blanked off and ask myself why? The rear lights now come on once you open the rear doors which is a useful upgrade as far as visibility by others is concerned.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Interesting, but I reckon MINI think owners wont be bending down that far in most cases to check it out.
Sounds like to guy fitting the nearside components on the line got caught short and when he came back your car had gone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership has finally accepted that there should be a heat shield on both sides at the rear and have invited me to check in my car for the missing one to be retro-fitted.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Good job you were thorough in checking out your car then, if you hadnt noticed for a few months and then said, they would have probably said you knocked it off and they would charge you for a new one. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts