MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
below pics of diagnostic run on a rebuilt pump on n14 the n18 is fairly the same, whoops got point in wrong place lol below link changes the mpa to bar 5mpa to bar - Google Search
rail pressure.png

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
also this
Pressure should be
5bar ingition on
50-60bar on idle.
100-130bar acceleration under load.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No, The car never has any issues with starting. It lasts for only 10-20 secs from stone cold. And you jump in turn it on and drive off straight away to create the issue.

Will be interesting to see the results of the test. I don't think that's the issue.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
also need to have injectors read so what the nozzles are running at. as near to zero and as close to each other as possible,, the 02 sensors dont start working until car and exhaust at a given temp, so if about 10 minutes of running from cold it had the issues chance are would of been 02 sensors relate maybe, as its from cold first off the temp coolant and inlet temp sensor and ambient out door sensors all work together on a choke cold start ecu setting until reaches a given temp, there is a known issue with piloted thermostat and temps sensor on them breaking down in time and trowing the readings out,, i just done my cooper s it was reading 112c before fan kicked in and heater would burn your feet replaced it and now cuts n 109c and stays on until 105c ish,, if temp sensor has come to end of life the resistance within it will prevent the cold start from working correctly ie if car thinks its hotter than really is it will lean out the fuelling,, the high pressure fuel pumps tend to last 60-80.000 miles as a rule very common for failures i do believe bmw will replace 10 years or 120k i have seen somewhere but this might just be US cars,, add to this uk has left the EU and chances are the consumer rights laws will change who knows where everyone will be with EU cars time will tell i guess,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Might file this under characteristic of the car then. It still does it every now and then and hasnt put an error code up in the almost year I've had it. Using premium fuel seemed to make it happier so ive stuck with the V Power

Ordered a posh ITG panel air filter too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I've given up trying. It went in for diagnostics, they found a few related to mega knock and some others so replaced the plugs coil packs and whipped the intake out but no sign of carbon. It's got no worse since.

It still does it occasionally, once it refused to go over 20mph for about 5 seconds. Scary when you pull onto a dial carriageway.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts