MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GlensMini
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Newbie here so let me know if I've missed anything.

After a long Ottawa winter, I just started driving our a F56 2014 Mini Cooper S that we bought last fall and noticed a clunking from the rear going down our freshly pot-holed streets. When I switch to "sport" mode, the clunking stops. I suspect rear shocks and notice there is a service bulletin already out there. I have the dynamic damper control option so I expect replacing them will be expensive.

If shocks are the problem, I'm reluctant to just put back the OEMs because the car has only 27K on it and I don't want to have another repair bill in a year or so.

Has anyone else out there come up with any alternatives?

Glen

Attachments

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Hi Folks,

Newbie here so let me know if I've missed anything.

After a long Ottawa winter, I just started driving our a F56 2014 Mini Cooper S that we bought last fall and noticed a clunking from the rear going down our freshly pot-holed streets. When I switch to "sport" mode, the clunking stops. I suspect rear shocks and notice there is a service bulletin already out there. I have the dynamic damper control option so I expect replacing them will be expensive.

If shocks are the problem, I'm reluctant to just put back the OEMs because the car has only 27K on it and I don't want to have another repair bill in a year or so.

Has anyone else out there come up with any alternatives?

Glen
would also check coil spring has not broken off common on cars with 5 years plus and bad roads, also anti road bad drop links wear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts