MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
J Brazier
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody actually done any upgrades to the standard mini audio system because it does sound rather weak?
Personally i'm looking to add speakers an amp as well as a sub hopefully somebody out there has actually done something similar.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Yes it is easy to upgrade to an amp and better speakers but best to leave the head unit alone. There are two speakers under the front seats that mini optimistically refer to as "bass" speakers. The signal to them is full range. So I have taken these as feeds to an Audison Prima AP5.9 (combined amp and DSP). I am using the first two channels from this to drive a centre channel tweeter and mid-range. I am using the next two channels to drive Focal K2 POWER ES 100 K fitted to the a-pillar and doors. The fifth channel I am using to drive a pair of Focal 8" IFBMW-Sub's that are plug and play. You can buy plug and play for all the speaker locations if you wish. I've ignored the rears as I always do. Later this year when the weather warms up I'll add a JL 10W6 in a sealed box driven by a Soundstream Picasso Nano.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts