MINI Cooper Forum banner

2014 mini f56

34K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  MINIFirst1.4 
#1 ·

Not sure about the square edge on the front bumper grille, but otherwise, looks OK!

There is already a forum up: MINI F56 forum

See less See more
#4 ·
Dissappointed

What a bummer. the new Cooper S looks great from the side and the rear looks ok, but that front end, is just ugly. The interior is not an improvement in looks and sorry, but I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) like the R56 and 53 interiors because of the unique look. I deliberately chose a speedo instead of the the computer on my R56 Cooper S because it looks so much more in keeping with rest of the design. It's a real shame if the new one won't have that option.

I agree that the Cooper actually looks better than the S, but I'm not settling for the less powerful engine.

Looks like I need to change my car early and buy one of the last R56 Cooper S's before their all gone.

#5 ·
wow that is one ugly car. The front grille and the rear exhaust/fog light assembly look like an afterthought just bolted on to the normal body work. rear lights are way too big. i don't think the car looks good from any front angle. don't think i'll bother buying this ugly duckling.

#11 ·
Over reaction?

Well - I'm just not sure - did I over react to the above shots. I've since been on the Mini website and some of the views looked a lot better. Then I went on Flickr and searched on 2014 Mini cooper s and there are more shots from this promo drive. The ones above are shot with a wide angle lens and do the longer front no favours and some of the other shots do actually look good.

I think I need to see this car in the flesh and on the roads before I can make up my mind.

as Phooto says above that the Oxford plant has started production, we could see them soon.....................................

#16 ·
changed my mind.

The design is growing on me - no doubt, but as I see more pics it's also clear that the design looks better in different colours and trims. Have you seen the Graphite grey MCS on the Mini.co.uk site in the accessories section? In grey with chrome brake ducts and black spots on the front it looks the business!

Go to Models / 2014 Hatch / accessories.

#19 ·
Yesterday 23rd (April 2015), I was in my 2014 Mini Cooper S, in the parking lot of our church, waiting for my wife, with the engine running - when a God-awful THUNK from the transmission caused the whole car to shudder, the seat hit me in the back like I’d been rear ended.

A message said ‘Engine will not start, inform Mini service.’ Or something like that. I was too shaken/surprised to really get the message.
The car went dead and I could not start it.

After a couple of minutes of trying, the car did start
I was able to drive home - with the car performing as usual.

This was the only time the car has scared me. I thought I should post this - in case someone else has had the same scary experience.

I’ll go by the dealer today and give him a copy of this problem.

#20 ·
Come on - its plain ugly

OK. Look...... come on. The front of that F56 is just plain UGLY. No two ways about it. That front end will go down in history as the uglist MINI front end ever. How could they do that? I have a 2004. Plain Cooper. What a super looking car. Then they brought out the 2007 one - OK just about - but no way as nice as the 2004. Come on. Admit it. But still just about OK. But. That front end on the 2014!?? I would love to upgrade my MINI one day (its only done 40,000 miles so I am OK for now) - BUT NO WAY WOULD I BUY A NEW MINI!! I don't care how faster it goes or how great the interior is - HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THAT FRONT END???? Really. What a c**k up. What a mess. What a crying shame. Somebody should be hanging their head in shame. And no this is not an opinion. Some designs are just plain wrong. This is one of those.

#21 ·
OK. Look...... come on. The front of that F56 is just plain UGLY. No two ways about it. That front end will go down in history as the uglist MINI front end ever. How could they do that? I have a 2004. Plain Cooper. What a super looking car. Then they brought out the 2007 one - OK just about - but no way as nice as the 2004. Come on. Admit it. But still just about OK. But. That front end on the 2014!?? I would love to upgrade my MINI one day (its only done 40,000 miles so I am OK for now) - BUT NO WAY WOULD I BUY A NEW MINI!! I don't care how faster it goes or how great the interior is - HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THAT FRONT END???? Really. What a c**k up. What a mess. What a crying shame. Somebody should be hanging their head in shame. And no this is not an opinion. Some designs are just plain wrong. This is one of those.
Yes just ordered the new brochures and couldn't believe how ugly this car is in comparison to older models.

For some reason it reminded me of:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.