MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I’m new to this forum but have owned my r60 for a year now and have just been using a single aux cable and control music on my phone(I use Spotify) but there must be a way where I can control music via the steering wheel right?

I have two questions:

1. Is there another existing cable that is similar to the original BMW Y Cable that doesn’t cost £60 and it works?
Seen a few on amazon and eBay but they don’t have the best reviews.

2. Does a Y cable mean I can actually view song titles and skip tracks from my steering wheel?

Many thanks and hope you’ll all have a great day! :)

Olivia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

I’m new to this forum but have owned my r60 for a year now and have just been using a single aux cable and control music on my phone(I use Spotify) but there must be a way where I can control music via the steering wheel right?

I have two questions:

1. Is there another existing cable that is similar to the original BMW Y Cable that doesn’t cost £60 and it works?
Seen a few on amazon and eBay but they don’t have the best reviews.

2. Does a Y cable mean I can actually view song titles and skip tracks from my steering wheel?

Many thanks and hope you’ll all have a great day! :)

Olivia
Hi Olivia,

I purchased a cable from Amazon, unfortunately it did cost me £60, but hey it works most of the time and you can control and view tracks usng the steering wheel.

Hope this helps, I have a 65 plate countryman 2.0 with the worst infotainment system known to man.

Steve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts