MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just finished doing a timing change on my '15 Countryman S and everything seemed to be going well till I went to start the car.

I am getting a 3 fault codes

1. 300D Intake camshaft sensor, electric: Short circuit to ground

2. 300E Exhaust camshaft sensor, electrical: short circuit to B+

3. 2C58 Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence.

I have tried replacing both camshaft sensors and nothing changes. Mini will crank over 1 time hard and then the rest don't sound like its cranking over when I release the brake peddle it stops cranking. Does anyone have any idea if I am missing something on the ground? Did I somehow get the engine out of time? I had everything locked down correctly and I didn't see anything move.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
little black earth wire in middle on front edge of rocker cover is it bolted tight, YOU MUST DISCONECT BATTERY WHEN MESSING WITH THIS WIRE OR IT CAN SHORT THE ECU OUT, i know someone who forgot to connect this wire and with engine running try'd to connect it ,, it shorted the ecu out and can would start for 2 secs and then stop,
measure the voltage at the plugs for vanos solenoids ignition on engine not running should have battery voltage 12,8v if have 3v then ecu is faulty and would also change the wiring harness at same time incase it was that which took ecu out . below link good firm for ecu repairs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will double check this when I get home tonight. I did go through and pull everything yesterday and It did look like the timing might have been off just slightly. Used a scope to check the position on the crank and it was off some. Ran out of time yesterday to put everything back on after making the adjustments, hoping to try and fire it backup tonight.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
trouble with scope can be its reading the offset of vanos sprockets and not true timing as such,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, I was able to get everything lined backup and in time and it started like a champ this time. Made sure to disconnect the battery like you suggested. No more check engine lights and the best part no more rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts