MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MINI was received and booked on 04-20-2016 and "returned to shipper" on 04-28-2016. Anyone with insight into what this means and how long it might take for her to actually get on a boat? The wait is excruciating!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not too sure but maybe damaged? Just did a quick google search and a couple of people have said the boat was maybe full and it didn't make it on, can't be certain though. Maybe your dealer will have an idea of what is going on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on 2016 Cooper S delivery

According to WW's tracking, my car was loaded on to the Torino at 15:54 today. It was fourth from the last car actually loaded, according to the time stamp, but at least it looks like it's on board. If all goes well, the boat should arrive in CA, USA on 5/26/16. I guess, at least in my case, "Returned to Shipper" is just a really ominous way of saying "sorry, THIS boat is full, so you're waiting for the NEXT boat". I suppose "returned to shipper" takes up less room. Now I can start obsessively tracking the boat location as it makes its way across the world...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, at least it isn't iceberg season. Though, Sailwx hasn't updated the Torino's position since about 14:11 and it 18:12 now... <gasp!>

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you know all the details of shipment of your Cooper S? I ordered my 4 DR Cooper S about 45 days ago and have no shipment details. The dealer (after multiple emails) told me that she is on a ship that is due into port (which one?) on June 10, but that's all I know.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
My friend also ordered the same model and got it delivered on time. He took help of the vehicle shipping company like car transport to then transport it on the exact location. You can also request a covered transport; this will shield your car from inclement weather and other hazards of the road. Cost depends on distance, mode of transport and time of delivery. Your car should be insured against destruction of any kind.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts