MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!
I wanted to know if anyone has the same problem of the boot opening on its own.

I have gone to the dealer for the THIRD time complaining that this is more of a safety issue.
All they did was check the electronic settings, checked the key fob and advised me to make sure that the fob does
not get pressed on because it will open the boot or don't put the keys in your front pocket.

My thing is, yes the keys are in my pocket but they are loose scrubs that i use at work, second is, how sensitive is it? my car is parked a mile away and I get paging that the car boot is open.

If the key fob gets pressed on(if thats the ier claim) why is it that the doors are locked and the boot is the only one opening. the door locks are programed to open with one click while the boot needs two clicks to open.

I am tired going to the dealer....any fixes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes. Same problem here. In fact I posted in the Mini Countryman forum only today. This is a fundamental problem that seems to affect lots of BNWs - not just MINI. I have got so fed up complaining about this that I have threatened the dealer with legal action that this is not fit for purpose. It would be a simple job for the software to be decided to overcome this but BMW seem not to be interested. Maybe collectively we can bring pressure to bear? In the meantime there is a workaround. Go to the My Mini menu in the car and find your way to the Boot menu. If you select to unlock the boot only after unlocking the car then this at least requires two buttons to be pressed to get the boot open. Comfort access still works as normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
PS. You say that your boot release requires 2 key presses? How did you achieve that as mine works on one brief press.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I are considering a new mini and I can tell you both of us are certainly not encouraged to move forward with this prospect. Dealers not getting to the bottom of issues and oh my god the issues surrounding this brand, like doors not opening from either inside or outside and door handles failing, windows regulators also failing and the list of failures does not end there.
Now I understand we make concessions for the things we surround our selves because not a thing is perfect but considering all these shortcomings of this car I am not so sure this brand deserves the money it gets from us buying into it.
Wa are still considering and will be for some time but I will say this buddy, it looks good but tastes **** at the minute.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts