MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
There is no spoon
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've posted a couple of threads on this and all the previous information I gave can be diregarded, apart from runflats shaking my teeth out.
I'm finally ditching the Pirelli run flats and would like to buy Toyo Proxes. But my Pirelli's are 205 45 and the Toyo's are 205 40. Is this a problem , wil they fit ?
My wheels are RC90 cross spokes.
Thanks in advance

:rolleyes:

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
It denotes the tyre depth as a percentage of tyre width...

so 40 is 40% of 205 and 45 is 45 % of 205, this means that the Toyo's aren't as deep, fill less of your wheel arch and put your speedo out of calibration.

Although it won't be by a great amount, it may be noticeable.

You might be better off going for 215/40 as they will be a bit deeper and not have as much affect on the speedo or looks.

·
There is no spoon
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ButtonIt said:
It denotes the tyre depth as a percentage of tyre width...

so 40 is 40% of 205 and 45 is 45 % of 205, this means that the Toyo's aren't as deep, fill less of your wheel arch and put your speedo out of calibration.

Although it won't be by a great amount, it may be noticeable.

You might be better off going for 215/40 as they will be a bit deeper and not have as much affect on the speedo or looks.
Won't be a problem fitting 215's then ? Jeez I've never been this interested in tyres in my life since getting this car, what fun though ! Runflats ! :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.