MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted these to there MCS,As have been thinking of doing it,but am wondering about the aspect ratio,what effect will this have on the ride,the only thing i suspect is a harder/harsher ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
The sizing youve chosen is right i ran 215/40/18s for a while and they did rub from time to time. Im running the Yokohamas now but in 205/45/17, there quite a good tyre but theres quite a bit of road noise, they offer good rim protection should you rub against a kerb (not sure if thats due to the size ive got though).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tyre_Review: Yokohama Parada Spec 2

Has anyone fitted these to there MCS,As have been thinking of doing it,but am wondering about the aspect ratio,what effect will this have on the ride,the only thing i suspect is a harder/harsher ride.
Hello fellow mini fan

I ran Parada spec 2's (summer tyres)before swapping to toyo proxes and found the following:

At first they were stunning! untouchable to anything (summer tyres)I had tried before(It was a hot dry day!!!!) I found in the wet they were the same or perhaps a little worse than standard run flats. After about 4000 miles they changed quite a bit in character, they became noisy(like early signs of wheel bearing failure) and they lost a lot of the original bite. In there defense I think these were perhaps designed as a track tyre that let you drive there and back to the raceway. Fab for a couple of track days then swap um. This is only my opinion though lots of mini2 guys love um still.

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts