MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
215/45/17 with VOlks CE28N 43mm offset and M7 Sports Spring - "DOES IT RUB"???

Hi all,
I am driving a 04 production Mini Cooper S.Currently I am having a big dilemma
,am torn between either the tire size of 215/40/17 or 215/45/17 ??? The wheels I am having are Volks racing CE28N 17" with 43mm offset, and I will be lowering with M7 sports springs ,the drop for the spring is about 33mm as quoted from M7.

The 2 tires I am thought of getting are either Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 or Toyo Proxes T1-S. The problem is that for 215/40/17 ,the Eagle F1s are having load index of 83 which is slightly below the recommended of 84,on the other hand the Toyos T1-S are having load index Reinforced 87(wondering how true of a fact is this 87
).
however to be on the safest end, I was thinking of going the route of 215/45/17 for clearing the slightly under load issue(was concern that the under load index would effect insurance and factory warrenty if anything bad happens). But as I will be having 33mm drop from the M7 springs, I am worried I will be getting rubbing when the mini is carring myself(abt 125bls) ,a passenger(abt 100bls) and some luggage loads (abt 50lbs).
Hope someone can kindly advise some thoughts on this??

Is there anyone out there running wheels of 43mm offset and and 215/45/17 tires ,at the same time lowered abt 33mm using M7 springs comment on my above queries?? Really need your help...

Thank you very much in advance for any inputs,
all are greatly appreciated.

Cheers...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have M7 spring on and I'm getting 215/45/17 YOKOHAMA AVS. My rims are ASA AR1 with 42 offset. My rims and tirs will be here by the end of the week. I will let you know the result. So far no rubbing at all on 205/45/17 runflat...and still have rooms for 215/45...i think. If it rub I will put rear camber adjustment and add more camber to it.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.