MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my 1st post so forgive my lack of knoledge on the Cooper S ! (great forum!)

My reason for posting this thread is.. I found a tuner for the MCS in 'Go Mini' mag the other day. I would like your educated opinion on this Stage 5 260bhp conversion (attached link, u might have to cut and paste it your browser)

http://shop2.minispeed.co.uk/new_mini/index.cgi?task=showproduct&id=nm-coopers-stage5

I am very interested in how quick this conversion would take the MCS over the finish line on a 1/4 Mile drag. Also, realistic ideas on the 0-60. I would like something quite a bit faster than my current car which is around 5.8 0-60 (on a dry day ; )

Can anyone tell me who has the quickest Cooper S on this forum? and what BHP it has and where the work was carried out? and what kind of times it runs.. TY!

;)

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
a stripped(ish) out 220(ish)bhp S will run 5.9 to 60 with a gud start in dry conditions if thats any use to u??

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Thing is, even with 260 bhp, its still a very upright car, about as aerodynamic as a brick shitehouse, and its still front wheel drive.

These higher BHP figures are going to give a larger performance advantages in gear, for instance 30-100 mph times.

I'd be very surprised to see any road going mini getting sub 5.5 seconds to 60

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Thats right, 0-60 in a fwd at this level of power has alot to do with traction. IMO 5.5secs would only be possible on soft slicks and alot of weight removed. Quarter mile is a far better guide Regards Roland GT Tuning

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
Not for nothing CooperS+, but the strong point of a MCS is it's ability to go around corners .............. REALLY FAST !!!!!

Perhaps you should rethink it. How about something with a big stompin' V8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, thanks.. I think the weight is one of the main issues to get around for better power to weight. I would not have considered a track/road car before, such as a new Lotus Elise 111s or VX220 Turbo. But, I do not need anything practical, just something quick that handles well.

Maybe these are the cars I should now consider, I cant think of anything else except for a Scooby or Evo8 etc, but not really what I would want at the moment.

Thanks for all the advice. ; )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts