MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking at superchargers and intercoolers and came across these - (see link) - anyone had any experience of them or know the spec. interestingly, hamann are the only big "commercial" tuner that i could find that offer a 270 bhp+ conversion. not sure what pulley they use. not sure if bmw approve their conversionsit the same way they do ac cshnitzer and jcw.
presumably their cylinder head & map & exhaust set up isn't going to be that different from anyone else, so i'm guessing it's their in house motorsport supercharger/water cooled intercooler set up that makes the most difference? if they're supercharger is a straight swap for the standard one, that could be interesting...i've emailed autovogue - the UK based distributors for more info...anyone here had the 270bhp conversion/know about the hamann setup?

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
When you find out the cost you will realise why no body on the face of the planet has one of these kits!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I enquired about the kits last year...

The basic kit = ECU reprogramming, Modified supercharger transmission-ratio and Water-cooled intercooler = 4,260 Euro!!!!!:aargh:

While the for the CS5 kit you are looking at 18,950 Euro :D

The intercooler does look good, just not over 4,000 Euro good!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Dont forget the 269 was on Surrey Rolling Road the same one that Snowie held the record of 260 on, though Jaw is using a stock cat back :aargh: but there both using GP IC and JCW airboxes.

When we say his Mini looks like a bone stock S, that is an understatement :biggrin:

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Dont forget the 269 was on Surrey Rolling Road the same one that Snowie held the record of 260 on, though Jaw is using a stock cat back :aargh: but there both using GP IC and JCW airboxes.

When we say his Mini looks like a bone stock S, that is an understatement :biggrin:
Stock or reroute stock?

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts

It is good to see that someone last Saturday took my crown away - I thought more people would have done so as there were some really big hitters present. I am still waiting patiently to see the whole results from the day, 30 to 70 included.

It is also good to see that a car modded by the owner is the top one - tuner owned cars have some catching up to do - both in RR figures and 30 to 70 - PAUL :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
It is good to see that someone last Saturday took my crown away - I thought more people would have done so as there were some really big hitters present. I am still waiting patiently to see the whole results from the day, 30 to 70 included.

It is also good to see that a car modded by the owner is the top one - tuner owned cars have some catching up to do - both in RR figures and 30 to 70 - PAUL :D:D:D
You're right there Snowie, but it would be boring if we were faster and made more than anyone else all the time :biggrin:

I just dont seem to find the time to do anything to old red anymore, it was a last minute thing to get done for Surrey as we seem to have a lot less free time as of late, unfortunatley or fortunatley its only going to get worse :frown:

We needed you there Snowie thats for sure and you were missed.

But its great fun driving red in these conditions :aargh: 0-70 is sloooooooooooooooow :biggrin:

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Defiantly the greatest success is when you have built it all yourself and a big congrats to him. :)

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts

Also it was 28 degrees C ambient:aargh:

Would like to go there in the winter:biggrin:

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts

I did try and get some figures but I was having low GPS signal where I was doing the testing, I only managed to do a 30-70 of 4.6sec though and a 50-70 of I think 2.6sec should be able to improve them times a bit IMO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts