R56 Mini Factory John Cooper Works | 270hp | 408Nm | £10k+ spent

I am reluctantly having to sell my beloved 2008 Mini John Cooper Works. With over £10k+ spent in modifications and general vehicle longevity in the last 3 years (with receipts), including an engine rebuild in 2021 where all critical components that typically wear were all replaced or re-machined. The car currently has 101,333 miles (will go up a little) however being an enthusiast, I've maintained the car to a fantastic standard by servicing it myself every 6 months (including oil and filter changes) and spending approx. £3.5k on getting the engine rebuilt at 96,000 miles.

The car is a little pocket rocket with 270hp and 408Nm (with rolling road printouts), along with super-responsive steering and a geometry setup that makes it feel like it’s on rails. It’s an absolute joy to drive on winding B roads and will keep up with virtually anything on the road.

I’m unfortunately forced to sell because I’m now working in London and therefore commuting on the train. Additionally, with my partner’s Audi being more practical for the dog and the supermarket run, it’s just not getting used as much as I would want it to. I’ve also just got myself a GTI6-powered Peugeot 205 GTI which has become my new weekend car (and inevitably a bit of a money-pit!)

So, onto the vehicle spec:

Engine & exhaust:
  • 1.6 FJCW engine with 2021 rebuild
  • Hybrid turbo (Borgwarner housing)
  • Stage 1 map
  • Airtec front mount intercooler
  • AEM induction kit
  • GFB diverter valve
  • Forge resonator delete pipe
  • Forge noise generator delete pipe
  • Scorpion decat downpipe (will provide original cat)
  • Forge turbo blanket
  • New timing chain (under 500 miles)

Transmission:
  • Uprated TTV organic clutch (handles up to 470Nm)
  • Uprated TTV lightened flywheel

Brakes, suspension & chassis:
  • New JCW discs and pads all round (less than 500 miles)
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • Powerflex polyurethane bushes and mounts (front only)

Wheels & tyres:
  • 17 inch JCW wheels (professionally refurbished and resprayed in satin black)
  • 4x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres (215 width rather the standard 205 for better traction)
  • 15mm Eibach wheel spacers front and back

Exterior:
  • Pepper white paint
  • Contrasting black roof
  • Contrasting black John Cooper signature bonnet stripes
  • De-chromed
  • Some minor age-related marks that can be pointed out upon viewing

Interior:
  • Full leather interior with pepper white piping to match the exterior
  • Heated front seats
  • Well maintained with only minor age-related marks on driver’s carpet
  • There is a bicarbonate of soda mark in the corner of the boot floor after I got a smell out of the carpet following a drink spillage

I have the receipt for the engine rebuild in 2021 however here is a summary of the main works:
  • Reconditioned cylinder head
  • Skimmed block
  • New piston rings
  • New big end bearings
  • New head bolts
  • New thermostat housing
  • New water pump
  • New iridium plugs
  • New head gasket
  • New filter housing gaskets
  • New water pipes

I am not in a massive rush to sell the car but would love to see it go to a new home where it will be driven and enjoyed regularly. In-person viewing and test drive is absolutely recommended, however I will be in the passenger seat so no test pilots please.

These 2nd Generation JCWs are quickly becoming modern classics with enthusiasts buying tasteful examples as investments for the future, as well as weekend B road toys.

£7,950 ONO