MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evil Twin: 273bhp & 233lbft torque =Im a happy bunny

Hi Guys, I put myCooper S car on an independant Rolling road yesterday.
These were the results Max power 273bhp (flywheel) and 240 (wheels). Max torque
was 233lbft (flywheel) and 207 (wheels) . The measured loses equate to 12% at max power
so if anything are slightly conservative ,well certainly not inflated anyway. Runs were done in forth gear, roller to engine speed entered as 3500rpm = 60mph,which I checked on the way home is spot on. Ambient pressure was around 1020 Mbar ambient temp (in the unit)
about 12 deg C. Blower fan used. Max torque occurs at around 3300 (IIRC) and holds at max all the way to 6200rpm. I can put the graphs up on Monday if people want to see and is ok with Paul etc.
ps There is some interesting spec here ,for example stock ecu software!
Regards Roland.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ollymale Yes I think the guy who operated the rollers was pretty shocked too, the needle that reads bhp at wheels went right to the very end of the scale.
The spec reads;
Gt Tuning (GTT) Cold RAm Induction Kit, GTT Large Throttle Body,GTT Cam,
GTT Adjustable Vernier Cam Sprocket, GTT Stage 2 Head & Manifolds& snoots (I love that word) OEM Header with one cat removed,OEM Exhaust with GTT Re-route Pipe, GTT 16 tube Large Top Mount Intercooler& Diffuser, GTT Intercooler Spray,GTT S/C Reduction pulley & GTT Idler Pulley,Iridium Sparkplugs,GTT Optimised bypass valve.Normally we run GTT/MTH software but I am doing some long term observations on the adaptation of OEM software at the moment plus I need a revised map for all the mods since the original one.At this level of mods the std map essentially becomes right anyway. Fuelling is almost spot on to what I want though I think it could still run more advance. I am going to invest in some very advanced 'knock' meter equipment soon before advancing it though.

·
Deals Gap Junkie
411 Posts
GTT's website has no info on any of the products you mention. Are they relabeled products?

*Do they grind their own cam, and if so, how does it differ in spec from the Schrick?

*What size pulley on the s/c?

*How is the Bypass Valve "optimised"? :confused:

*How do you have the adjustable cam sproket set?

TIA,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ryan,
The Mini site will go live in a few weeks,we dont relabel anything, I either design it from scratch and make it ,or have it made to my drawings.If something is another companys product eg MTH software I sell it as MTH rather than relabel it and sell it for £600 . For example we make the pulleys, bore the TB &make the new butterflys. Whereas the cams would be ground to my spec as regards lift ,opening angle & duration.The SC pulley is a 17% GTT Steel item. The Bypass valve is a copy of the ryephix with a strong spring inside (just kidding !) ,actually I did try this method a long time ago using external tension springs to increase preload, but neither is what we do now.We are able to do an adjusable cam sprocket because I design it and make it :) Regards Roland GTT

·
Registered
209 Posts
Roland

Are we saying then that with optimised software MTH or otherwise, this would run more power more reliably ??

Whats the cost involved to get to your spec above .... PM this if you wish :)

Again some awesome figures !

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi LN ,
What this means is we may ? be able to run a little more advance which will increase power slightly. As is at the moment appears to be to run with good safety headroom. By that I mean its certainly not overlean,no pinking on 97Ron petrol, and water temp nice & low on the track. Also doing plug chops looks good even using a No.5 heat range (though we use a 6) Regards Roland.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Roland,
Is this the car that you took me for a test drive in? Or have you changed the spec at all? Because it bloody felt that quick as well, especially when you took me for a drive down that lane!!! Well done on a great product!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
roland2003 said:
Hi Guys, I put myCooper S car on an independant Rolling road yesterday.
These were the results Max power 273bhp (flywheel) and 240 (wheels). Max torque
was 233lbft (flywheel) and 207 (wheels) . The measured loses equate to 12% at max power
so if anything are slightly conservative ,well certainly not inflated anyway. Runs were done in forth gear, roller to engine speed entered as 3500rpm = 60mph,which I checked on the way home is spot on. Ambient pressure was around 1020 Mbar ambient temp (in the unit)
about 12 deg C. Blower fan used. Max torque occurs at around 3300 (IIRC) and holds at max all the way to 6200rpm. I can put the graphs up on Monday if people want to see and is ok with Paul etc.
ps There is some interesting spec here ,for example stock ecu software!
Regards Roland.
Roland,
Thats some very impressive figures, well done!! Can't wait until next month now!!

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys, just a quick note to EVERYONE (including Mini2 SCNM &GRS ) to say thankyou from the heart for all your support and positive comments . You have my own personal guarantee that
GTT will not let you down. Even if things ever go pearshaped (heaven forbid) we will go that extra mile to help out. Youve even got me doing drawings at three in the morning now,
how sad/mad is that.! Best regards Roland Gt Tuning Ltd

·
Registered
532 Posts
You're the only person out there that I know of that still has the stock fuel maps :)
You've done a great job!
We need more Roland's out there to get the big boys to lower their prices down to earth.

How can we have a comparison done between Pilo's head race head and yours? hint hint
It still might not be fare since we don't know if you are getting yours done at a pro's shop.
more info needed.. plz

Are you gonna have a whole kit? head + larger valves + titainium retainers + springs + cam + (pistons maybe).. the works! :D

Do you have a pic of that intercooler? :rolleyes:

I'll stop here for now :p
Did I mention that you are the man.. 300bhp is a dream for the time being.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi uae,Thanks ,
In short the stage 2 heads will have the ports cnc 3D milled using long series ball nose cutters (dont mean to blind with science,) We can achieve port, shape size,and position
to incredible accuracy. This is not just a 2D milled window but continued down the ports,
the cutter paths are true 3D cad cam generated. I dont know of anyone else that does this,
we did this on our GTT stage 5 R5gt heads. ps On our demo car we achieved similar results (almost) but took 100 hours by hand ,(Myslf& John)- Never again! The next one will be milled, saving around half the time, their is still much left to do manually though.
Regards Roland GT Tuning

·
Registered
511 Posts
HObzy said:
This sounds superb, keep up the good work roland
Roland,

I've just read this and only have one word to say...AWESOME!!

Keep up the good work Roland and I look forward to seeing your car soon :D

Cheers,

Henry

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Roland,
If your car is running on the standard ecu settings, and I can vouch its running very well. Then at what point is not benifical to get the ecu re-mapped?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Roland,

Are you using OE fuel injectors? If not which & how many cc? ...And if you are using OE have they been modified?

The reason I ask is that numerous other tuners have reached the limits of the OE injectors at significantly lower bhp than what you've dyno'd. For example:

FWIW I haven't seen torque or HP nearing your figures without nitrous, or a twin screw s/c, twincharging system or straight out [email protected] turbo, like the one BMP runs in Silver Sonic.

How are you attaining so much hp/tq.?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts