MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
roland2003 said:
OK heres the deal I'll connect up the wideband ,reinsert the stock software and we will take it in 4th gear all the way to 7K revs. We can have a Canadian forum member in the passenger seat noting the readings and I guarantee we dont go richer than 12;1 OR
leaner than 12.8:1 . On top of that I will then increase boost to 20psi (I believe thats a first)
and redo the test. Again I guarantee it doesnt go leaner than 12.8:1 even at 7000rpm (ie perfect) . :) Best Regards Roland Gt Tuning

PS Im also happy to put our CS against ANY other CS around the track or down the dragstrip. As long as its for a magazine or major event,and not TOO far. eg Castle Combe is close for us or Goodwood.
MINMC I dont agree with your fuelling & ecu theorys very much. :)

Which theory(ies)? Please elaborate.

While it may be your intent to lighten things up a bit, playing the nationality card isn’t very cool. The poster who dragged country/nationality into the discussion was wrong to go down that road. It’s obfuscation, and It implies bias against you by posters from other countries/nationalities (than yours) solely because they are from somewhere else.
The assumption and what’s inferred by it is offensive, it’s unbecoming of you and the discussion.

It’s very disappointing to see opinion - support for or dissenting against almost uniformly divided along continental lines here on MINI2. I’d hoped for a little more open mindedness.

I’ve not questioned your numbers because of where you are from. I’ve questioned your numbers because they are unique (to my knowledge) and as of yet are unsupported with data.

Lets get back to the subject.

As I said in my PM to you I am sincerely interested in the project. You also know its not that I doubt your power per se. It’s the consequences under which you were making said power, which I have trouble with. And I’m quite obviously not alone in this regard.

To be very frank & to the point you still have not answered the main & burning question:

How are you able to make the power you claim you are without maxing the stock injectors? This seems pretty straightforward.

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
roland2003 said:
PS Im also happy to put our CS against ANY other CS around the track or down the dragstrip. As long as its for a magazine or major event,and not TOO far. eg Castle Combe is close for us or Goodwood.
MINMC I dont agree with your fuelling & ecu theorys very much. :)

theres a 'track' day at Bruntingthorpe in January, should be a number of tuned cars there, why not come for a spin (although its being organised by a rival tuner, not sure you would be entirely welcome at their 'event', but there might be an oppertunity for some joint marketing if your not directly competing against each other)

Its Mini's only.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Minimc Lighten up mate, :) the forum member Im refering to is you, the only reason I suggest you sit in , is because ( by enlarge) most other people trust what I've said.
Youve already said youre involved in some other companys products but wont say who or which, yet you want me to tell all. In essence the answer to your question is we get the engine running at greater efficientcy . Colder pre and post intercooler air temps, less pressure drop /restriction,less belt slip, etc etc. Regarding the mapping as I say we ran stock ecu which gave near perfect results. This conversion now has and will have MTH software included,optimised for it.Franz has produced the maps to our briefing ,Our tests (and butt dyno) results are very pleasing. I will of course put it on the rollers again at some point. Perhaps with some onlookers aswell.

Tony T3 Thanks for that tbh I had considered that one,but as you say is another tuners event. Best Regards Roland GT Tuning

·
Registered
101 Posts
minimc said:
Which theory(ies)? Please elaborate.

While it may be your intent to lighten things up a bit, playing the nationality card isn’t very cool. The poster who dragged country/nationality into the discussion was wrong to go down that road. It’s obfuscation, and It implies bias against you by posters from other countries/nationalities (than yours) solely because they are from somewhere else.
The assumption and what’s inferred by it is offensive, it’s unbecoming of you and the discussion.

It’s very disappointing to see opinion - support for or dissenting against almost uniformly divided along continental lines here on MINI2. I’d hoped for a little more open mindedness.

I’ve not questioned your numbers because of where you are from. I’ve questioned your numbers because they are unique (to my knowledge) and as of yet are unsupported with data.

Lets get back to the subject.

As I said in my PM to you I am sincerely interested in the project. You also know its not that I doubt your power per se. It’s the consequences under which you were making said power, which I have trouble with. And I’m quite obviously not alone in this regard.

To be very frank & to the point you still have not answered the main & burning question:

How are you able to make the power you claim you are without maxing the stock injectors? This seems pretty straightforward.
minimc,
I'll be honest with you, this post sounds like you are just very frustrated because Roland won't give you all the information!

I can't work out why you want to know the ins and outs of this conversion? Are you likely to have your car shipped over here, let Roland do a conversion and then have it shipped back again? Probably not, so why the need to know so much??

This hasn't got anything to do with Nationality, sex, colour, creed or religious orinentation its to do with a car. You have hinted that you may be involved in projects yourself, and appears to us outsiders that you want all the information from Roland and then go and use it on your own project!!

Roland may be keeping something back, and thats his decision. I know for a fact that another UK tuner when they carry out there 240+ conversion they make other adjustments that they don't tell the customer about. The point being before you ask is thats its within there interest to keep it to themselves to remain market leaders.

Finally your right mini2 isn't about what country we are from its to do with our common love for a little car,

Regards

Spillers

·
Registered
444 Posts
roland2003 said:
Minimc Lighten up mate, :) the forum member Im refering to is you, the only reason I suggest you sit in , is because ( by enlarge) most other people trust what I've said.
Youve already said youre involved in some other companys products but wont say who or which, yet you want me to tell all.
NO way! Man, but you're reading a lot into my words... :rolleyes:

I did not say I was "INVOLVED" in any company(s) product(s) ...that was someone else!
I said:
minimc said:
...I am familiar with numerous ongoing MINI projects.
AND
minimc said:
My own, and others which I’m not at liberty to discuss, as they are others businesses.

All you two need to know is that I’m not a vendor, and don’t make any money from tuning anything MINI.

When and if I choose to post dyno results or if I choose to become a vendor I’ll share. But I have no such plans. …So unless that fact changes I am a non-commercial MINI2er.
And here I was... thinking I'm going to post extra light, low fat & all that... :D You aren't making it easy for me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
spillers said:
minimc,
I'll be honest with you, this post sounds like you are just very frustrated because Roland won't give you all the information!

I can't work out why you want to know the ins and outs of this conversion? Are you likely to have your car shipped over here, let Roland do a conversion and then have it shipped back again? Probably not, so why the need to know so much??

This hasn't got anything to do with Nationality, sex, colour, creed or religious orinentation its to do with a car. You have hinted that you may be involved in projects yourself, and appears to us outsiders that you want all the information from Roland and then go and use it on your own project!!

Roland may be keeping something back, and thats his decision. I know for a fact that another UK tuner when they carry out there 240+ conversion they make other adjustments that they don't tell the customer about. The point being before you ask is thats its within there interest to keep it to themselves to remain market leaders.

Finally your right mini2 isn't about what country we are from its to do with our common love for a little car,

Regards

Spillers
Spillers my vote goes to you to win the MINI2 MCEA (most consecutive erroneous assumptions award). LOL ;)

No secret reconnoitering going on here. I was looking for a cursory explanation from Roland. I sort of got one, but it leaves me as skeptical as ever. Though Roland's comments about a drag race or track event not being “too long” are somewhat telling as to what he might be doing to get his power. We'll leave it at that.

Glad you get it about MINI2 and the community in general though. :cool:

Cheers,
mc

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
MIMIMC I said "not too far" not "not too long" . Meaning I don't want to drive
all the way to Aberdeen and back just to demonstrate .
It doesn't mean I'm running a secret stash of nitrous and might run out, nor does it mean if the race lasts more than thirty seconds Im going to blow up.
Boy do I wish they had the laughing 'smilie' available on this forum.
Regards Roland Gt Tuning

·
Registered
444 Posts
roland2003 said:
MIMIMC I said "not too far" not "not too long" . Meaning I don't want to drive
all the way to Aberdeen and back just to demonstrate .
It doesn't mean I'm running a secret stash of nitrous and might run out, nor does it mean if the race lasts more than thirty seconds Im going to blow up.
Regards Roland Gt Tuning
OK, misread the context. Re read it and it now is obvious -my bad. ...But you're leaping with your implications. I was thinking nothing of the sort (nitrous). I was actually thinking you might be using an intake cooling system which might be heat susceptible over a long track event.

But I've got to ask... Roland why are you always thinking the worst? ...That I'm somehow implying you're a liar or deceitful? I've never suggested in any of my posts that you were deliberately attempting to mislead anyone.

Do us both a favor and PM, rather than continuing to assume the worst.

·
Registered
444 Posts
roland2003 said:
There's a few more I'd like to have too. I wonder if Mr. Mullet would be up to adding a few more? They are fun.

·
Registered
101 Posts
minimc said:
Spillers my vote goes to you to win the MINI2 MCEA (most consecutive erroneous assumptions award). LOL ;)
minimc,
As its award season you can have the mini2 "see you next Tuesday" award for continued skepticism in this thread!!

LMFAO :p :p

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Hi Guys,here are the same graphs again that were originally on this thread. Weve put them up again as the original host is no longer there.
GTT260 conversion ...273bhp & 233lbft.torque (240 'wheel' horse power) .
Just to recap this was on an independant RR. We also achieved 270bhp at the Mini RR day at Milway Sport ...so is consistant.

Attachments

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
i know this is old thread, but the original spec attached to this graph is a much simpler 260 spec than whats sold today as a 260 package,

i was thinking of upping my injectors to 380cc, thought i would check here to see what car was running, still not sure if that was std or jcw ones?

has any one rolling roaded their current 260 spec?
i assume roland hasnt, as old graphs on this post..

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Spec of GTT260 conversion hasnt changed (apart from injectors added to spec about 3 years ago). Our car ran 273 bhp with stock manifold (one cat removed). It had a couple of other small differences too:smile: I think Karl will be RR'ing his soon .

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I will be RR'ing mine in the 1st week of May.

2000 miles on new engine and it seems to be loosening up nicely. With 2 sceduled trips to Newcastle in April and The nurburgring at the end of April i will have about 4000 miles done then, so will RR it in May. Mine is GTT260 bar the Manifiold, i have a slightly fettled Mittlek instead of the Janspeed.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
GTT manifold which is part of GTT260 is made by Janspeed but is not the same dimensions/spec etc as Jansppeds own manifold. GTT260 also includes MTH tuner file mapping.:smile:

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Oh ..from memory about 18-19 I think.
Yikes! No wonder im so far behind! I must have a leak or a SC thats on its way out :( Only seeing 13psi at the moment on a 17% :( I even lost 1psi when I fitted the GTT Manifold so much be free flowing even more.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts