MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just brought myself a 2nd hand mini cooper, and must admit, I love it, its my first car, and what a first car at that! my only concern is that 2nd gear just dosent feel to be to smooth, specaily under 4000 revs, the car almost seems to vibrate, and I can feel it on the throtle, its not a huge deal, but is this normal, or should I get it chescked out?
 

·
Now with S power!
Joined
·
23,915 Posts
I'd agree with paul. My 2nd gear seems as strong as an ox so a check over would seem the best idea.
 

·
The Red Fox
Joined
·
4,979 Posts
Matt18 said:
I'd agree with paul. My 2nd gear seems as strong as an ox so a check over would seem the best idea.
Just get the AA look over it....costs far less than making the problem worse by not getting it checked out and then something goes horribly wrong!

Welcome to the select few teenagers that have a MINI! ;) :D
 

·
The Red Fox
Joined
·
4,979 Posts
Hell, I know a lot of things! And I know we are some of the luckiest kids on the planet!

...As well as the coolest! :cool: :D ;)
 

·
MINI Owner!
Joined
·
415 Posts
Ahh teenagers with MINIs. Soon I'll have my brand new 2005 Cooper, and I'm only 17! Yay... but I'm not too spoiled, I am paying for over half of it! :D
 

·
The Red Fox
Joined
·
4,979 Posts
Just remember, things in America are a hell of a lot cheaper than over here! I had a fully specced up Cooper S....excluding JCW for only 14 grand, BRAND NEW! I mean come on! If only American's drove on the correct side of the road, then I would ship it over and save thousands!

Ah we are lucky...and we should never forget that...unless we want to rub it in some annoying person's face! :D ;)

One day...Super Cooper S...watch out world!

But now there is a younger generation coming in and I'm not the youngest to have one any more! :(
 

·
Now with S power!
Joined
·
23,915 Posts
There was once a time I was the youngest but I've had it now 14 months the younger generation is coming in.

You are right we are lucky to have the opportunity to own such a fantastic car. I'm a student so can't afford an S at the moment but soon would be nice.

Remember not to ruin the car when you get it. I have seen mates that have thrashed their new cars from day one and only a matter of time before they crash. :eek:
 

·
The Red Fox
Joined
·
4,979 Posts
Matt18 said:
There was once a time I was the youngest but I've had it now 14 months the younger generation is coming in.

You are right we are lucky to have the opportunity to own such a fantastic car. I'm a student so can't afford an S at the moment but soon would be nice.

Remember not to ruin the car when you get it. I have seen mates that have thrashed their new cars from day one and only a matter of time before they crash. :eek:
Ah I just use the cruise control and drive at the limit...no copper is catching me speeding! Think of the insurance!!!! :eek:

The Super Cooper S.....get it in a few years when insurance WAY cheaper and BMW have done the JCW up to 250 bhp...THEN I'll get it!
 

·
Now with S power!
Joined
·
23,915 Posts
MINI Poser said:
Ah I just use the cruise control and drive at the limit...no copper is catching me speeding! Think of the insurance!!!! :eek:

The Super Cooper S.....get it in a few years when insurance WAY cheaper and BMW have done the JCW up to 250 bhp...THEN I'll get it!

Yeah cruise does help.

I pay £1300 this year with 2yr ncb so an s will be over £2k!!! :mad: :mad:

Yeah the S is worth waiting for although the student loan is burning a hole in my pocket!! ;)
 

·
The Red Fox
Joined
·
4,979 Posts
Matt18 said:
Yeah cruise does help.

I pay £1300 this year with 2yr ncb so an s will be over £2k!!! :mad: :mad:

Yeah the S is worth waiting for although the student loan is burning a hole in my pocket!! ;)
Dude...why do you think I dont drink or go to Uni?! Got to save the money some how!
 

·
Now with S power!
Joined
·
23,915 Posts
Everything is going into my S account although I keep buying things for my current one on wheels etc. :(
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top