MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone I don't think this has been covered elsewhere so here goes.

I have recently bought a Cooper S Clubman which has the 2 isofix mountings in the rear as well as the 3 seat belts.

The challenge I have is to get 3 children in the back legally and relatively comfortably.

The problem is the youngest is 1 and as such is still in a full seat, whereas the others are 4 and 8 and can use boosters, however as you can imagine these 3 seats do not fit together.

As I understand it UK law does allow one of them to sit without a booster if there is not room, but I would not consider this as safe and to be honest is not comfortable due to the width of the other seats.

In my mind the sensible solution would be a "twin" booster" to sit alongside the full seat but I cannot find anything on the market.

Alternatively I could have something made, however I suspect this would not be legal as I believe there are guidelines regarding the positioning of the lap belt.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

·
Range Rover SDV8!
5,153 Posts
That's genius! :)

I'd wondered why three seats were ever an option in the back of a Clubman - it's too small for any combination of 3 adults and/or growing children and/or car seats, until this thing came along! Is there enough room in a Clubman to fit it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same quandry and was scouring the sites for solutions, i have an R53 Cooper s, it only has the two seats in the back and with 4 kids its a lsot cause, i was however admiring the clubman as it has the 4 door feel plus has the 3 belts in the back. are the 3 belts proper belts or just 2 main ines and a lap belt?
I'd hate to get rid of the coop, but the only alternative is to go non mini......:eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same quandry and was scouring the sites for solutions, i have an R53 Cooper s, it only has the two seats in the back and with 4 kids its a lsot cause, i was however admiring the clubman as it has the 4 door feel plus has the 3 belts in the back. are the 3 belts proper belts or just 2 main ines and a lap belt?
I'd hate to get rid of the coop, but the only alternative is to go non mini......:eek:
I have a clubman and it has three full seatbelts in the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts