MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Has this ever happend to you. Here's the scenario

Your happily driving along when some idiot on his phone pulls out in front of you. You immediatley slam on the breaks and the horn at the same time. You and your wife/patner sitting next to you make obscene gestures and shout at the idiot. You carry on your journey enraged that if you had been on your phone and driving you would have been sure to have been pulled over. Anyway finally reach your destination, turn off the ignition, look at your steering wheel. And to your HORROR.

You've pushed your steering wheel so hard you have manged to dent/buckle the centre metal mini logo. Now your even more infuriated and want to go back with a large metal bar find the man and smash up his car for being such a joke.

Anyone know how much this would be to fix?

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Mickey690 said:
:mad: Has this ever happend to you. Here's the scenario

Your happily driving along when some idiot on his phone pulls out in front of you. You immediatley slam on the breaks and the horn at the same time. You and your wife/patner sitting next to you make obscene gestures and shout at the idiot. You carry on your journey enraged that if you had been on your phone and driving you would have been sure to have been pulled over. Anyway finally reach your destination, turn off the ignition, look at your steering wheel. And to your HORROR.

You've pushed your steering wheel so hard you have manged to dent/buckle the centre metal mini logo. Now your even more infuriated and want to go back with a large metal bar find the man and smash up his car for being such a joke.

Anyone know how much this would be to fix?
£50 to the right person to shoot the f*****ing idiot between the eyes !!!!

:D

You could use a sucker plunge or a smaller version you find on hands free kits...?

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
take it back to the dealers and tell them when you pressed the horn the centre of the steering wheel dented, maby they will replace it under warrenty?, might be worth a try :confused: :confused: :)

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke to my dealer. He says yeah it can be fixed but he doesn't know how much it will cost!

So for everyone else out there i sugest either using your horn lightly or pressing the outer part.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Any pix? The center shouldn't dent because you had to depress the horn in an emergency. I would strongly pursue it as a warranty / design defect /goodwill issue. Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Good Luck!

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try and post some pics tommorow. The wife has the car today.

I think its metal. It's bent and sticking out from the where it is set into.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Mickey690 said:
Just spoke to my dealer. He says yeah it can be fixed but he doesn't know how much it will cost!

So for everyone else out there i sugest either using your horn lightly or pressing the outer part.
At least the airbag didn't activate !!!!!

PS. Good driving would have meant that you would not have had to sound the horn. Good driving is all about assuming the worst and on this ocassion making eye-contact with drivers pulling out before you race past them would have increased the chance of them not driving into your path.

Of course, if all that went :bad::bad::bad::bad:-up then just get out and smack 'em !! - reep the consequences later. ;-)

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics

Ok so got the car back last night from the wife.

So i took some pics on my phone this morning on the way into work.

There not ever so clear but the right hand wing has pushed in slightly causing the right hand wing tip to lift out of the indent it should sit in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts