MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to see if anyone knows why the non S's suffer from a noticeable flat spot from 3k-4k rpm? Was looking at the power curve on the superchips website and it really shows quite a pause in torque and power production in this rev band. I also do feel it when driving my one and can hear it too. I was in my friend's Cooper S a few weeks ago and when accelerating theres just constant smooth power and torque throughout the rev range. Does anyone know the technical reasoning behind this flat spot that the one and coopers suffer from and is there a way to sort it out, is it an intake thing? as the Cooper S is the same engine but just with forced induction (give or take a few minor bits and bobs).

·
Registered
195 Posts
er......wel normally a cooper s' supercharger needs to get spinning, from engine power itself, to make it go, dunno if that starts at below 3000rpm so it would stop the flat spot....
a good way to sort it out in a one or cooper is with a bluefin superchip..... although that kicks in more around 4000 its initial power is still greater, with the biggest difference being felt on the mini ONE. It could just be the gearing aswell...the mini's power could struggle to get over the size of the gears initially
another solution is just rag the hell out of it and then u never really drop below bout 4000 lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts