MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 3D cad file of the MC or MCS? Id love to play around with something to come up with my own 'future variant', as well as see what others come up with.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just found a model you can use, all you need to do is register and then your free to download the file.

Click here for 3D mini model

I would suggest going to the 3D Studio Max website and downloading a trial version of version 6 so you can have an easier time playing with the model. You can also do some high resolution images if you use the HDRI renderer.

Click here for 3DS MAX 6 trial

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm going to try and install 3DS Max again. silly thing didn't work.

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
Do you know how long it takes to model a car, say a mini? I'm studying CAD at 2nd year HND and I've just started 3D Max. Think I have to do a project, would like to model my mini, but not if it takes like a 1000 hours! ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im only familiar with products like Solidworks or other engineering type cad programs. You could spend 1000 hours, but that would be a very detailed model. It also depends on how good ya are at it. You'll be the final judge, start with a portion of the car and see how much time it eats.

·
Registered
183 Posts
jcnick said:
Im only familiar with products like Solidworks or other engineering type cad programs. You could spend 1000 hours, but that would be a very detailed model. It also depends on how good ya are at it. You'll be the final judge, start with a portion of the car and see how much time it eats.
Solidworks is great package (I use it everyday a work) but it is a very dimension driven piece of software, as it is with any 3D CAD package. I find 3DS Max allows more freedom when modelling there are plenty of tutorials on the web for designing a car, try searching google.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
eltel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing