MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need a little help.

Im experimenting with different kinds of car cleaning products. I'v heard of Imperial Hand glaze, but im unsure if i should get any.
Iv found a company just down the road from me who can supply it, and have it in stock tomorrow afternoon if i go down at 9 in the morning.
Is the handglaze worth it, or am i better off using Meguires, or Autoglym?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
it works great with a spinner, I've been using this for years, its really good at removing swirl marks, especialy on deeper colours. You'll find this is the stuff most dealers use on cars theya re prepping for sale. Cheap too and one bottle lasts for years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it works great with a spinner, I've been using this for years, its really good at removing swirl marks, especialy on deeper colours. You'll find this is the stuff most dealers use on cars theya re prepping for sale. Cheap too and one bottle lasts for years.
To be honest though, i have no idea wot it is, iv done so much reading im gettin confused lol. :puzzled:

Like my mate said its good stuff, i read up on it and its not a wax or polish, its just an applicant that makes it shiny, then you need to add something else to give it a coat to stop UV rays etc gettin to it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Like my mate said its good stuff, i read up on it and its not a wax or polish, its just an applicant that makes it shiny, then you need to add something else to give it a coat to stop UV rays etc gettin to it.
Yes you would have to top with a wax or sealant to protect the finish. I can highly recommend Chemical Guys EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine a product I really like, Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze is also good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you would have to top with a wax or sealant to protect the finish. I can highly recommend Chemical Guys EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine a product I really like, Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze is also good.
Well i just bought autoglym polish coz i like autoglym. so put the handglaze on, then wax/polish, or handglaze, then wipe off, then polish?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well i just bought autoglym polish coz i like autoglym. so put the handglaze on, then wax/polish, or handglaze, then wipe off, then polish?
I take it you have bought Autoglym Super Resin Polish?

Best to go for polish, glaze then wax.
The problem you have now is Super Resin Polish and Imperial Hand glaze both are for covering swirl marks and fine scratches, so although one is called polish and the other Glaze, they are basically doing the same job. You could use both but I don't think you will notice much difference in the finish, I would apply one or the other.

I don't think you have Imperial Hand glaze yet?
I would save the money and buy a good wax to go over Super Resin Polish.

Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iv just bought myself some handglaze, going to buy some meguires wax later on when halfords opens. i like autoglym polish, but i dont like it that much, if ne thing.... there are more swirl marks, worst being on the bonnet, which means more coats, and to no avail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts