MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys

I can't seem to sort out the 3rd brake light in my Cabrio. Fuses are ok, LED should last for
years so I don't expect there problem is with the bulbs itself. Where else could I look ?
Before i take it to service center and they overwhelm me with professional jargon and bunch
of bull... telling me about things I need to change and pay for.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, what else could I check or could be a reason
for the 3rd brake light not to work.

regards

Sebastian

·
Purple a Fruit
91 Posts
Well Sebastian you still have the 3-brake light problem. It can't be the pedal switch because you're brake lights will not be working too. There is the BC1 Modula that controls all the lights separately, there has been issues with it in the past. Again none of you're light will be work either. Could it be you're 3-brake light was not working before the accident? If so water has been known ed to seep into the LED's short out the board. You'll need to pulled 3-brake light off, it's very easy. Open the rear lid and pull back the rubber gasket and remove 4 mounting screws disconnect the harness. Use a multimeter to check for voltage going to the bar. Sebastian you can save lots of money doing some of the minor maintenance yourself. Get the Bentley MINI Cooper service manual off from E-bay. It help me so many times, if you can't do the work at least when you go into the shop you won't sound like a complete idiot;)

Good Luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you can't do the work at least when you go into the shop you won't sound like a complete idiot;)
Good Luck
Thanks the reason I'm asking in here before I go to the workshop :)

Thanks Londo, appreciate your time and suggestions.

Editing Post - forgot to say.

In regard to the pre-accident light state, well, It could be problematic before the accident but I simply didn't notice :) What I did after the windscreen got damaged, I on all the electric devices possible, from soft top to emergency light, fog lights, windows, everything... to find out if anything malfunction. The 3rd brake light was the ONLY thing that does not work. I assumed it was the result of the accident but of course, it could be broken before. I just didn't pay attention.
Anyway, I got my friend to visit Amazon.com and order me new MINI Manuals for Cooper and Convertible by Bentley. My birthday is coming at the end of September so I chose it to be my birthday gift :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts