MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!
I have a 2021 Countryman S ALL4 on order and would love to add a hitch receiver. I'd like to mount a 4-bike carrier but most call for a class II hitch (tongue weight of 350 lbs) - Thule for example.

The two hitch styles I've found are all rated as class I (tongue weight of 200lbs).

Does anyone know of a class II hitch for the 2020-2021 Countryman S ALL4 or can you share an experience with a 4-bike carrier on a class I hitch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get in touch with these guys! I have had 4-5 of their hitches over the years, if they don't have it they can possibly make it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your response! Torklift didn't confirm a fit to the 2021; I think they're waiting for more to hit the road before they confirm their designs fit the 2021 model... so we wait.

Thanks again,
Will

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your response! Torklift didn't confirm a fit to the 2021; I think they're waiting for more to hit the road before they confirm their designs fit the 2021 model... so we wait.

Thanks again,
Will
I also want a 2” receiver hitch on my 2021 Mini Cooper Countryman S. I found a hitch at Stealthhitches.com but there aren’t any reviews and it’s quite pricey at $569. I talked to several U-Haul locations about the Stealthhitches and they don’t want to install it so I keep looking and waiting. I’ll be watching this feed for updates. Thanks!

·
cristo
2,883 Posts
Our local U Haul had no problem installing
a 2” Stealth Hitch on my wife’s 2020 M240i
‘vert. The Countryman shouldn’t be
significantly harder than that based on
looking at the instructions. The U Hauls
in your area are probably either lazy or
inexperienced or both.
The Stealth Hitch is a great product.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our local U Haul had no problem installing
a 2” Stealth Hitch on my wife’s 2020 M240i
‘vert. The Countryman shouldn’t be
significantly harder than that based on
looking at the instructions. The U Hauls
in your area are probably either lazy or
inexperienced or both.
The Stealth Hitch is a great product.
Thanks Cristo. I guess I’ll have to find someone willing to do it. Possibly a body shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts