MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I bought a 2007 Astro Black MCS in March this year. I'm a recent BMW convert. I did notice that the MINI mats were a little flimsy.

Now in the last few days I've noticed a hole in it! I don't do that much mileage. A daily 30 mile trip. I'm guessing if I need to replace it - it'll mean a complete set.

Arse. What price am I looking at?

G

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have the same problem with the mats. Had my One D for just under 2 years, and whilst I love it as much as the day I picked it up, the mats are poor quality. I have a hole in mine, just in front of the brake where obviously my heel must sit.

Thinking of buying mats from another source - there's loads if you google it, some have a beefed up section in front of the pedals where most of the wear is, and they're cheaper than buying from mini.

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
I have rubber mats, and have worn a hole in my driver's side front mat. Of course, that's after 6 years and 120,000 miles ...

The good news is that my carpet's still pretty clean.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rubber ones may be the option...though they don't look very nice. I guess as long as what's underneath is protected is OK.

Though, my usage has only been 4 months as opposed to some of the nearest which was 2 years. Oh well.

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
The standard Mats are $hit.... I kicked up a fuss and got a full set of the cosmopolitan Mats with the MINI logo on them for half price. Much better quality :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
mats

Oh dear. my car has done 1200 miles and has only been on the road a month or so and I am seeing a fair bit of wear. Doesnt look good long term then does it!?

Haven't heard of the cosmo mats but if they are thicker they should be ok. I havent seen any after market mats yet for the R56 and having worked for BMW in the past and fitted countless sets of new mats to cars being PDI'd I am surprised that the MINI mats are so poor, the BM mats were fantastic quality, well, at the time anyway!

How about the JCW check mats?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts