MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and I have some questions and comments:
1] I have 17" web-spoke wheels w/run-flats. No spare, of course. I am looking to get 16" wheels w/snow tires for the winter months, so a) any suggestions, and b) what about a spare? I have the JCW tuning kit and there doesn't seem to be a place for a space-saver because of the exhaust -- am I missing something obvious here?
2] The dealer insisted that the Sport suspension only adds thicker anti-sway bars which keep the car flat when cornering and does not affect the harshness of the ride -- it is the wheel/tire combo that does. True? Also, the tire pressure is 38psi -- the manual implies that would only be for 4 passengers, and that 33psi would be appropriate for 1 or 2 occupants. True?
3] I think I'm one of the few who actually had mud flaps installed; the dealer botched the rears and will be replacing them. I'm having second thoughts 'cause they really offer nothing -- the fronts at least will protect the paint.
4] What's the best way to handle valet parking? I have Comfort Access -- can I leave the electronic key in the 'ignition' and remove the 'hard' key that has my house key etc attached?
Thanks, all, for your comments and insights.....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Can't answer alll your questions, but will give you my thoughs on what I can....

1) My car does not have a spare, and no mini comes with a spare. If you get the smallest wheels (on a mini one) then they are standard tyres...and you get a mini mobiility kit which is a compressor and some gunk to seal the tyre if you have a puncture. Not cold enough often enough here to justify winter tyres.

2) I just leave the tyre pressure at what it says in the door. Toooo much hassle to inflate if I had passengers. I have the sports suspension and it does keep car nice and flat. Harshness of ride will be down to tyre size and run flats..dump the run flats and it would get better, that is what I plan once I wear out the first set of tyres. Also think the dampers are different with the SS ??

3) I could not get the mud flaps on mine...JCW Aero kit means they will not fit. Would have liked a set for front...not sure rear would do anything.

4) No comfort acccess...but what you propose sounds like a solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts