MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To those I didn't see at MOT or saw at MOT but was too lame brained to pass on a flyer.

Note: Evening festivities changed to Friday the 4th

Hi MINI Friend,
If anyone wants to join Joe Rose and me in sort-of-upstate NY on July 5th please read on.
Here's the deal:
Evan and I (and finally Joe this year) go to Cambridge, NY (10-15 mins. east of Schuylerville...as if that's a clue) to visit one of my best buddies Dave, for the July 4th holiday. Dave has 99 acres of hilly farmland that he has branded the Circle B w/ a herd of black angus, sheep (no not that kind, Mr. Baker) , piggies, chickens, 3 legged dogs, etc.
Dave throws a nice bash w/ lots of drinks, grill going all day w/ his own beef served, big bonfire, evening fireworks at the farm, a couple of ATV's, a live band (blue-grassy-countryish-type stuff).
There are some really sweet driving roads in that country and the day can be spent driving w/ friends and then eating, driving, eating, driving, eating and then buckling down for eating and drinking.
Cambridge has a couple of Mom and Pop motels (most notably The Blue Willow and the Peace Be Still Motor Inn) and the area has a myriad of B & B's. Or you can probably sleep on the main floor of the barn above the pig pens, nice and dry and smelling sweet of hay if you have a good outlook on life.
Joe and I will head up Friday 7/4 and come back on Sat. or Sun. to make a weekend of it.
If anyone wants to come up or over or down for the 4th you are welcome as long as you meet the following requirements: are in a MINI, bring some good beer or soda and maybe throw a tenner in the pot.
The day is not organized in terms of driving, so it's a great time to relax w/ friends and take a drive or two or three as the spirit moves us.
Let me know if you want to join us at the Circle B.
Cheers,
Steve

Where: 259 Stevensen Road, Cambridge, NY 12834
When: Friday July 4 at 4 p.m. until whenever.
Email if interested: steve.barnatt @ mac.com

Short Notice of course but if you were looking for something to do.......

·
lost in the ozone again
3,112 Posts
Gee maybe if I start right now and drive through I can make it, if not, say hi to Mr Brushette for me.
Jocko :)

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do that Jock.

FWIW: the party date has been changed to the 4th but I don't think anyone from these forums is coming anywho.

Hope everyone has a great weekend:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts