MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my nice new to me 55 plate mini one 9 days ago and since wish i never bothered!!

I paid £9600 for it, its liquid yellow with aero kit, split rims, and aero spoiler

has 24k miles on clock and one owner from new

so far its been back 4 times!! in 9 days!! and after a major arguement im now driving a clubmand whist the mines is fixed!!

since ive got it its had new indicator, altenater belts adjusted, aero stickers replaced, wheels refurbed, and now its in for new strut top mounts and a new gearbox!!!!

less than impressed considering it has just been mot and has passed an auc check!!

i would have expected these kind of faults on an 02 plate mini not a bloody 55 plate!!

all i can say is im very dissapointed with it and its taken the shine of havin a new car :(:(

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Unfortunately this kind of thing does happen, but when you get it back hopefully you will be able to forget about the problems, and enjoy the car.
The Mini is a great fun car, and soon you will be whizzing around having fun.
Apart from the gearbox, they are all minor faults, with a new gearbox, you will be as good as new. At least it is all being made good while you have a warranty!

·
Registered
849 Posts
MINIs are so much fun I'm sure you'll forget all about the problems when you get it back....... but, I know the dangers of listening to service advisors who say they will fix it eventually, don't let it go on too long if there are further/repeat problems.
Whilst you wait you'd probably benefit from a group hug. :blink1tu:

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
These things do happen. Hopefully, you're having all of your problems at once rather than later on. That's was how it was initially with my Cooper S. ;)

If you bought from a dealer this work should all be covered under warranty and they will sort it for you. Just give it a chance. :)

When you get your baby back, enjoy it. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah geuss its something that i got it from main mini dealer!!!

this is my 3rd mini and ive had problems with all them but expected a newer one to be a bit better!! il get some pix posted up when it comes bk:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got my mini back today and it feels like new! mind you it would want to for what they done to it!!

I asked the fella in BMW how much did the parts cost and he said £1800 for the work carried out but thats at cost as its under warrenty, if i never hard a warrenty it would have cost me £2500-3000!!!!

it had new strut tops, new gearbox, new clutch, and 8 other things which he wouldnt let me see! and he has around 15 pages of paperwork in his hand!!

im just glad its sorted and glad i got it from a dealer!! as i may have saved £1000 buying it private but id now be £2000 out of pocket!

and i must say when they finally got moving it took less than 24hrs to get the car in and out so am very impressed by that side of it, just dissapointed by the fact i had to kick up a MAJOR fuss to get it dealt with

anyhows alls well that ends well:):) i can now start to enjoy my new mini :):)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the car crunched like hell whenever you tried putting into reverse and there was a knocking noise from o/s which was comming from the box

the struts was like a rubber on rubber noise when turning full lock left or right

had the struts done on my 02 plate cooper about 6months ago...

·
Registered
48 Posts
you have my sympathy but stick with it

I have sympathy with how you feel and how all the repairs required dent your confidence in the car. Have had a similar expereince myself with the following work done on my 03 MCS so far: -

1. new/reconditioned gearbox (always had fault since i drove oit ff forecourt was told "bring it back if it gets worse"! - was only after finding this site I realised how serious/common the fault was)
2. new bypass valve as down on power (dealer told me I had just become used to the acceleration!)
3. new boot handle as switch stopped working (had to go back 3 times as was intermittent and "no fault code reported sir"!)
4. New drivers seat base and runners as would get locked forward after letting people in the back.

In addition, despite my insisting the car needed new electric window motors four weeks ago I was told they just needed adjusting, two weeks later they fail completely....cue v annoyed mor7s on phone to service department to ask what they are playing at :angry:.

Upshot is it is in today for new motors, regulators, seals - the complete assembly basically on both sides and all under cherished warranty. While the car was being checked last week tech also spotted a rattle from exhaust and leaking sump gasket, so today it is having a new cat and sump gasket replaced :aargh:.

To be fair to BMW/MINI they have never quibbled on a single job and I think the delarship is glad of the work at full labour rates etc etc. None of the bits they have replaced have given me a moments grief since, the battle is getting the things done in the first place at times!

mor7s

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh dear, after reading this post I'm getting a little worried. I have my mini c 05 booked in for a check on Tuesday. On first putting it in reverse I get a crunch but if I depress the clutch and do it again it's fine. I also get the knocking in 1st - 2nd from front o/s, and when going over bumps. When I'm in 3rd and 4th and cruising it's fine.
Yikes, how would I stand on this as I've been informed my car has used car warranty till Jan 09. It's done 23k (05 plate), would this be covered by the warranty if I had to have a new gearbox?

I'm getting quite worried now as I don't know the common (recalls) problems and I'm concerned I may be ripped off.:mad:

Any advice is much appreciated.

Ann:puzzled:

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Sounds reasonably priced from a main dealer was it?
Glad you got all the car sorted now and start enjoying it :cool: :yellow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts