MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got the option Radio/Single CD Boost. Is it really worth it getting the 6 CD autochanger? Is it stored in the boot and does it have a radio?

Does anyone have any pics?

Thanx in advance.

Kinster

·
Registered
334 Posts
The changer is in the boot. DOn't have any photos to show but it fits on the plastic moulding on the RHS and sticks out about two inches or so. Seems like quite a sturdy, black box. I reckon its worth it and you don't lose the radio. It's also dead easy to change the CDs...

kjs

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I believe the factory-fitted 6 CD Autochanger does not have its own radio and it is stored in the boot.

To me it is worth the extra (total = 470 GBP including upgrade of Radio BOOST with cassette) as I cannot be bothered with changing CDs. Also, with no glove box to hide things away, more the reason to get the CD changer. ;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Go for it

The CD Auto is brilliant; I would recommend it to anyone. It is expertly fit, takes up hardly any room, and sounds excellent. I have got SSP on my Mini, so needless to say the ride can be a bit bumpy at times. But not a sign of jumping, which I am well impressed by.

LMB:D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
glad to hear that
i got it on order to for the same reasons of where to store the discs in the front
Got the MD head panel though as i have loads of MDs
G/F has the CDs

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ELISEBOY said:
glad to hear that
i got it on order to for the same reasons of where to store the discs in the front
G/F has the CDs
Stick your CDs under the car seat!

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mini-mini said:
cds and air con dont mix vents are under the seats for rear passengers, lol
Shouldn't there be another comma in there somewhere?

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ELISEBOY said:
glad to hear that
G/F has the CDs
Stick your CDs in a foldable case and you're sorted!

·
Registered
213 Posts
CD Changer works well!

I have the factory CD changer in the boot, matched up with the radio boost.

The changer is installed well, protected with a metal plate to avoid impact from luggage.

Takes up a bit of space in the boot, but what the heck, I didn't buy the car to carry luggage.

It fits my briefcase though...

I would buy the CD changer again.:)

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: CD Changer works well!

Garry said:
I have the factory CD changer in the boot, matched up with the radio boost.

The changer is installed well, protected with a metal plate to avoid impact from luggage.

Takes up a bit of space in the boot, but what the heck, I didn't buy the car to carry luggage.

It fits my briefcase though...

I would buy the CD changer again.:)
What does the front unit look like? You got any pics?

Cheers

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Where to store CDs in the front...

Buy yourself a Fischer Universal C-Box:

Pictured is model 21172 which has a 6 CD capacity. Push a button and the CD pops out for manual loading in the CD player. It can be mounted from the top or bottom. The dimensions (mm) are 148 x 151 x 69, so it will fit on the shelf below the dash on UK MINIs, possibly in the glovebox in other markets, and maybe under the toggle switches.

There is also model 21037 with 4 CD capacity and dimensions of 165 x 140 x 56.

The storage box slides in-and-out of the mounting bracket, so it can be removed from the car or hidden in the boot when the car is left unattended.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
How about getting one of those CD wallets :confused: :confused:

Its alot easier & cheaper :) :) :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Boot CD changer - It's great. The prev. car didn't - Ever tried opening the CD case one handed whilst driving along and selecting the one you want?
I used to end up with the passenger seat awash with the slippery little blighters - Until the first corner or braking maneuver - Then you just get to play "hunt the CD" ;)

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dcfkan said:
To me it is worth the extra (total = 470 GBP including upgrade of Radio BOOST with cassette) as I cannot be bothered with changing CDs. Also, with no glove box to hide things away, more the reason to get the CD changer. ;)
Isn't it £135 for the Radio/Cassette Boost and £235 for the CD Autochanger (£370)???????

If it is, I may go for it!

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Sorry! I could not add!!!

Kinster,

You are right - it is 370 UKP total for Radio Cassette Boost Upgrade plus 6 CD Changer :D

·
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Sorry! I could not add!!!

dcfkan said:
Kinster,

You are right - it is 370 UKP total for Radio Cassette Boost Upgrade plus 6 CD Changer :D
I dunno if it's worth the extra £165??? I've currently ordered the CD/Radio Boost!

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I wish I had the Radio Boost instead of the cassette version, but I was too late to change my mind by the time I realised the cassette is not going to be used very often if at all :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts