MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys ,ok here is a test that more people have a chance of doing (yes I know private road ...etc), and also one we already have comparison here for right here on M2, of a very highly modded M45 SC car v GTT350T. Importantly its starts at speed where any wheelspin/drag setup/driver skill cannot cloud the results!

The TEST 60-100MPH.

Ok if you check out the GTT350T 60-130 mph vid and also Lees GTT350T times, read ALL the notes, then take the average time our GTT350T cars still only takes UNDER 4 SECONDS to do it.
Next take Sams highly modified M45 SC car, this has RMW head, custom tune and just about everything (inc a couple of GTT bits aswel!) . Sams best time from his runs is DOUBLE ie it takes 8 SECONDS 60-100mph ,against 4 SECS :eek:for our car.
Both cars are 1600cc , both Forced induction and both have all singing dancing heads fitted, yet the GTT350T does it in genuinly HALF the time, at 4 full seconds faster - . I know Big Show was very suprised at just how fast our cars are against the Supercars, and here is an ideal first comparison against a Mini with similar spec to his. :smile:

·
Registered
733 Posts
And then just imagine the difference over the next 40mph (i.e. 100-140mph) - a lot more than double I reckon!

The GTT350T's a monster Roland. Kudos.

James

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, the higher up the speed range the differences become even more. And I think even this 'moderate' 100mph max comparison here is at a speed we have ALL ventured from time to time.
Just take away the 0-30 or even 0-60 part of any times, to see a clear picture of ENGINE performance. .

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1320.... 23minutes up and down the strip,what on earth are you talking about, ?- oh its just clicked! you mean the stopwatch, honestly you do come to some daft conclusions .I turned the watch on while I drunk a can of coke and my lad set the camera up.:rolleyes:
High rpm? again what are you talking about even on this run I didnt rev it much more than about 6500 and started the run at under 4500 (I could have used 2nd gear at 5500rpm ).
Its Bens and BigShows cars that need screaming upto 7000+ to get any time. I could change at max 5500 and still do a 4.5 sec 60-100mph.
Bens car did 7 sec 60-100mph, ok thats at least 1.75 times longer than our GTT350T, at 280bhp against our 390bhp it SHOULD imo be alot less difference than that. Perhaps he was going downhill (you just virtually accused me of that) and almost certainly using full throttle shift and the best of a large number of attempts....sams car calculates to 15% slower than Big Shows!
I used one attempt, hot day, no full throttle gear change and a vid as proof to boot!:smile:
I can drive my car all day and never go above 4000 rpm no problem atall, its actually very easy and relaxing unlike some SC cars that are jerky and oversensitive on the throttle particularly on a bumpy uk road with potholes/ ruts / unfinished roadworks etc..

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your still double the time Big Show, I did it in Lees car at 3.48 secs ,so 7 secs is slightly over double, and your car is 'the most powerful M45 car in the world' so you keep telling everyone. Though I happy generally to accept 4secs is a more repeatable time for GTT350 60-100mph.
we certainly need more vids of speedos c/w stopwatch so EVERYONE can see how well cars perform once the RR sheets, and launch/tyre grip off the lights have been put to one side. Yes your box is fine for YOU, but my system allows everyone to see the time/speed relationship at any point, plus you even see gearchange method.:smile:
I still chuckle when I look at your 12.9 sec 60-130mph guess for our car. tbh if you look at your RR printout of 280 bhp and Lees of 391bhp it starts to become aparent that these RR power figures do not concurr atall with real world acceleration, which is after all what most of us mod our engines for in the first place.:smile:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm pretty confident I can claim the most powerfull SC mini on the planet :biggrin:.

The bad news is my wife could care less and still makes me take out the trash :frown:.

Longboard
i am pretty confident we should just enjoy our cars that is after all the bottom line.:cool:

lee

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
I'm pretty confident I can claim the most powerfull SC mini on the planet :biggrin:.

The bad news is my wife could care less and still makes me take out the trash :frown:.

Longboard

LMAO but did you back up how fast you took the trash out? Was it timed? Did you have video evidence with a stopwatch showing the time?

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 60-100mph v Lees 3.48..... Ok i have listed half a dozen reasons for this already, but forgot one other very important last one GEARING. Lees car is a late box on 205-40 17 tyres , this is just about the lowest gearimg youll ever see on a Mini, and mine is early high gearing box with huge diameter 215-45-17 tyres , add these together and is a huge difference. Lees run will be commencing the 60mph point at about 200rpm or there abouts higher, which is beneficial. Were also forgeting I could if going for a record attempt use 2nd gear.:smile:
all this desperate nit picking :rolleyes:......the fact remains 'GTT350T on stock map! does 60-100 in approx half the time our competitors 'top spec' M55 SC cars do it in. :smile:...that is a MASSIVE margin .And much more than I believe any M2 user would have expected.
RR PRINTOUTS.....Amazing how some people will pay someone to thrash their car on a RR to produce a bit of dubious paper, yet are too scared to try even a 30-100 (any track day should be long enough straight for this btw) to actually see if its any good.
Theres even fake newbies criticising me for testing on ther road (oh I wonder who that is :hmph:)when we state clearly it was done on a racetrack. It seems its ok to perform numerous high speed runs with 2 cars 'racing' up and down the road showing on youtube how noisy a Mini Borla exhaust is with other cars eveywhere!!!:hmph: but a safe test not so. I think its any excuse for Longboards of this world to avoid being disapointed......Its a big SC conversion, I think a comparison would be of interest to many. Happy to boast RR figures but wont do a simple test to see if it delivers what is was designed for ....fast acceleration.

B

·
0 Posts
Whats this like coming out of tight bends at 20-30mph and accelerating, even mine spins up the inside wheel if I'm too early on the power. Does it have a quaife?

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive just thought of 2 ways of bettering my time, raise my rev limit and either do the whole run in third (high gearing of box & tyres can achieve this), or ditto start run in second and still finish in third.:smile: This wasnt a fastest possible 60-130 my car can do ,just one attempt without trying to kill it.
If you analize it from 90-92mph or thereabouts ( ie right on the gearchange) It takes a lmost a second!!! wilh FTGC it would be around 0.4 seconds, therefore 60-100 time will also go down half a second just doing this.
Hi, yes we have Quaiffe diff and grippy track day days, all good fun:smile:

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok if you check out the GTT350T 60-130 mph vid and also Lees GTT350T times, read ALL the notes, then take the average time our GTT350T cars still only takes UNDER 4 SECONDS to do it.
Next take Sams highly modified M45 SC car, this has RMW head, custom tune and just about everything (inc a couple of GTT bits aswel!) . Sams best time from his runs is DOUBLE ie it takes 8 SECONDS 60-100mph ,against 4 SECS :eek:for our car.
8 Seconds 60-100mph for a highly modified S/C Mini is v.slow!!? :puzzled:

A standard Mk5 Golf GTI which is ~1400kg and 197bhp will do 8sec 60-100mph or even less on VPower.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
8 seconds 60-100 is not slow by any means.... Here's a clip of a TVR Chimera doing the same test... it took circa 8-9 seconds.

·
Registered
195 Posts
8 seconds 60-100 is not slow by any means.... Here's a clip of a TVR Chimera doing the same test... it took circa 8-9 seconds.
That is pretty slow really.....especially for a TVR, i know a chimera is pretty old but the relatively new sagaris can do 0-100 in 8 seconds......
The GTT 60-130 is monumentally quick.....if i had a cooper s n the money id b ordering one without skipping a beat!

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
I think Roland should sell this out like a theme park...a passenger ride in the GTT350. i would certainly be first in the que! ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts