MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'05 MCS wannabe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you who can answer the following:

I am 6'2" and considering an 05 MCS. However, given my height, I also have 2 children still in forward-facing car seats. For someone who has first-hand experience, what would this be like in the MCS? Recommendations?

Secondly, for anyone who has had their MCS through a midwest US winter...how did it handle in the repeated snow storms? Recommend? This will be my primary vehicle, not an extra 3rd.

Also, for anyone in the northern Ohio/western PA region, any buying experience/dealership recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I live between Classic Mini in Mentor and the dealership north of Columbus.

Thanks everyone!

Nick :indi:

·
Registered
64 Posts
If the car is comfortable for you, it won't be a problem for now. Problem that will come is when the children need leg room. I am 5' 10" and my son has to sit on the passenger side in the rear to have any leg room, and for me to be comfortable. With 2 children you will have to move the seat up quite a bit. It wouldn't be a big thing if they ride with you a little of the time, but full time could be rough on you. So get it before they get any bigger, and buy something else later.

·
Registered
362 Posts
We've got two girls who are now about the same height as their mother, about 5'6". They fit in the back behind me and I'm 6' 2". They don't mind, they like the MINI.

It is more comfortable for me when they aren't there and I can put the seat all the way back. I do appreciate the fact that the MINI has long seat runners that let me do that. Also we have another car which gets used for long journeys as we can get luggage in as well.

·
Feel the G's
122 Posts
I'm just under the 6'3 mark, and I rarely carry passengers behind me as space is limited as I've got pretty long legs, but the car is more than comfortable for me, and I'm sure there's plenty of room if its just kiddie seats in the back

Scottybhoy

·
'05 MCS wannabe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about winter driving? NE Ohio dealers?

Thanks for the replies about the back seat. I think the best thing to do is take both of my girls to the dealer and strap 'em in and see how it works.

Any comments about winter driving? I plan to get the '05 MCS with all-season tires, not the high-performance tires.

Also, and NE Ohio dealer/western PA recommendations? Feel free to e-mail me if you don't want to post names on the message board.

Thanks!

Nick

·
Owner & Motoring Advisor
158 Posts
Bring the kids in, that's the best way.

I've actually found its much easier to fit full size adults in the back seat behind a tall driver than kids because of how deep the seats are and how short the kids' legs are. You may be in a tough spot, because its hard to sacrifice that great a car to accomodate the young'ins.

·
motorist
208 Posts
One of em must be quite young, and can go behind your seat for several years yet. The passenger seat can likely go up a bit further, which means the older one is good for years there, too.

The Mini will never be a really comfortable two seater, but it can get the job done if you want it to.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You do have to compromise on your seating position alittle with kids' car seats in the back.
I carry my 4-year-old and 5-year-old every day, but I move the seat up while they're in and move it back after they get out.
I don't drive as aggressively when they're in the car and the small inconvenience is worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.