MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ever happened to the 7-spoke wheels?
Early official press release pictures, like the one below, showed what I think are 17\" 7-spoke wheels (could be 16\", not sure). I really like them, but now that all versions of the MINI are out in the open, I\'ve not seen them anywhere. Does anyone know what happened to them?

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
I was told by MINI services that the 17\" wheels were not type aproved for sale in German tests so the wheels will not be availiable until 2002. They will be a dealer option, not a factory fit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 23-10-2001 9:13 R1 wrote:
...They will be a dealer option, not a factory fit.
I\'ve been wondering about this for a long time, can anyone explain the difference between a dealer option and a factory fit? If it is a dealer option, will every dealer have it on their list, does it cost extra (I guess the factory <b>will</b> deliver the car with weels...), why does the factory not support this?
Does anyone have a list of dealerfit vs. factoryfit options?

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
One thing is nicer if it\'s a dealers option, you don\'t have to pay BPM over that particular part. Keep that in mind, it\'s gonna save you a lot of money ;)!

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
On 23-10-2001 8:57 Mutts wrote:
[...]

I\'ve been wondering about this for a long time, can anyone explain the difference between a dealer option and a factory fit?
Ok so factory fit means that it goes on your order form and added to the car during the assembly process.
Dealer fit is also called retro fit - the part can be added after the car is produced without any problems.
eg mudflaps/wheels are dealer fit, sports suspension is a factory fit.

Now to the wheels, according to my dealer (last night), the 7 spoke 17\" alloys are available from week 49!

Jon

·
Autox Monster
617 Posts
MINI picked up some good looking wheels to put on that car for the photos. They are 16 inch Raceline Wheels and are no longer available (company out of business)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts