MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running the car on Optimax since i got it (less than 2 weeks), red light was on and i was passing a Sainsburys so i thought i'd try their Super Unleaded (97 Ron), checked the price at the pump and it was 81.8p!!!! I know the petrol prices have dropped slightly in the last week but i still thought that was a really good price (i was told its normally about 85/86p - still ok).

Anyway racked up some miles and havent noticed a difference yet, seems the same as Ultimax, will see how many miles i get though.

Has anyone else tried the Sainsburys Super, or does anyone have any opinions on it?

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
I'm currently running on Optimax, and last night the red light came on whilst I was passing Sainsburys - but I was not tempted!

Unless you're driving your car trying to shave 0.05s off your 0-60mph, then in everyday driving you probably won't really notice a difference.

What model do you have, because you (apparently) notice the biggest difference when using Optimax when you have a Cooper S.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lawrothegreat said:
I'm currently running on Optimax, and last night the red light came on whilst I was passing Sainsburys - but I was not tempted!

Unless you're driving your car trying to shave 0.05s off your 0-60mph, then in everyday driving you probably won't really notice a difference.

What model do you have, because you (apparently) notice the biggest difference when using Optimax when you have a Cooper S.
Its an S i have, maybe i might notice a difference switching between the fuels once i am past the run in period.

Why wouldnt you try Sainsburys if you reckon there isnt a great difference? I am just curious as its the first tank i have used (and maybe the last), and wondered what the opinions were.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.