MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93A9 fault Belt tensioner on my cooper s 2013 R56

I replaced the tensioner but still get the fault, I have software/tester to remover the code, not the system.

I think I replace my old one with a fault one.

Using a voltage meter how do I test the tensioner to see if it is OK?? Which wires Help??

Kind regards
mark

Attachments

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I have a 93A9 fault Belt tensioner on my cooper s 2013 R56

I replaced the tensioner but still get the fault, I have software/tester to remover the code, not the system.

I think I replace my old one with a fault one.

Using a voltage meter how do I test the tensioner to see if it is OK?? Which wires Help??

Kind regards
mark
passengers side seat belt pretensioner are both driver side and passengers side the same length,, if not that the problem one has blown off, its common for the mulitplugs to go faulty. can check with a meter on bleeps resistance and check the plug socket,, also read the driverside resistance and compare the other side see if the clip its self is faulty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H Mike,
Thank you for your help.

I have taken a picture if the drivers side, there is metal pin/bolt sticking out the end of the tube.

Is this be bad one?

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
H Mike,
Thank you for your help.

I have taken a picture if the drivers side, there is metal pin/bolt sticking out the end of the tube.

Is this be bad one?

Mark
sorry cant tell from a pic, i would compare both sides see if any difference in the length of the seat belt catch part when seat belt clips in to rule out or in that it has gone off,, ie when they go off it pulls the seat belt tight by a small charge bit like a airbag use once,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts