MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a 5 minute film onboard Fredrik Lestrups MINI Challengeracer as he chases his rivals around Nürburgring a couple of weeks ago:

Lestrup

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
A wicked bit of driving wish i could drive like that :D We can all see how you got the number 3 on your door ! :D

I bet every one on here would love to be in your passenger seat Fredrik, I know i would

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a bit of explanation for you guys: I am not Fredrik Lestrup, he is a friend of mine.

I think it´s great to have a swedish driver in the Challenge (there are two, actually - Daniel Haglöf also drives the MINI Challenge in Germany this year) and therefore just writing of his season and putting up a link to his site so you all can see the pictures and as in this thread, a short film.

I am just a normal guy like the rest of you, with a wish I also could drive like Fredrik Lestrup :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Hi Fredrik

If you are ever in Italy, remember you have an open invitation to join me down in Modena and come out in the LHD GP that you helped me find in Sweden.

Keep the info coming on FL in the German challenge. I may be at the Old Timers Grand Prix at Nurburg Ring in August with a group of Swedish historic car enthusiasts, last year they had their large set up right outside the MINI challenge tent. IF you want to join a full entertainment package for the 3 days just let me know and I can give you the details - circa 6000 SEK including hotel and all meals, full entrance etc.

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That´s extremely tempting Alan, but I am going with my wife and two sons to Portugal in August so no possibility this year, I´m afraid - thanks for the offer, though :)

If I ever come down to Modena I sure will try and visit you - having been a Ferrari nut in earlier years that place would be magic to go to - many thanks for your kind invitation, Alan.

It was a pleasure in helping you with the GP - it seems that it got in to the hands of a true MINI-lover who uses it as well, not just collecting dust in a garage, and that makes me happy :cool:
If you ever come to Stockholm give me a buzz (Karl has got my number) and I will be happy to take you through Stockholm City in my MINI :)

On tuesday 24 June me and some MINIfriends will meet up with Fredrik Lestrup and go to a garage where he keeps a MINI Challenge car that he got from Schubert Motorsport (the team that he races for in the Challenge). It is the exact car that Jocke Mangs won the whole series with last year, so a big bunch of us is going to have a closer look at in in the outskirts of Stockholm in one week - can´t wait :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Absolut MINI
732 Posts
I am just a normal guy like the rest of you...
I'm not too sure about that...:D

The Swede Jocke Mangs, reigning champion MINI Challenge Germany 2007, is now competing in the Swedish racing series Porsche Carrera Cup, and the European Porsche Supercup with great success. I'm sure we'll see him in VLN too this season.
With some luck we'll probably see him in STCC and WTCC next season.
Hopefully in a BMW...

Great success in MINI Challenge might lead to bigger greater challenges.
I wish both Fredrik L and Daniel H the best.

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On tuesday 24 June we went to have a look at Fredriks MINI Challenge R53 that is owned by his swedish sponsors.
It was the same car that Jocke Mangs won the series with 2007, and I even got a shorter ride with Fredrik Lestrup around the garages where he keeps the car - nice ride :D :cool:

The car is going to be used as a racecar in Sweden by the sponsors, going to do some endurance 4-hr racing with the car - New MINI Club Sweden (NMCS) is certain to come and have a look on a race-occasion to cheer the team on to a podium finish :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts