MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to publicly thank OnlyS4me, for his wonderful photo's of the Cooper S and all his input to MINI2 to this date.

It is a little sad to hear that his Black Honda Civic Type-R is awaiting him at his friendly Honda dealer.

I hope you don't mind me doing this M, but I have a feeling you will be spending much less time here in the future. And I do feel that you have been a great contributor.

So again, many thanks and I wish you well with your Type-R.

Basil

:)

Attachments

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Thanks Basil, but I will continue to join this forum frequently, and hope the facts about the MINI will turn in the right direction, so I can buy the Alpina MINI with no doubts the next time...

And that is not the best picture of the car, this one is better:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enjoy......... and I do hope you keep yourself as "OnlyS4me". Or perhaps later as "OnlyA4me"

PS. Diamondgeezer has been informed so you will be able to keep each other company......Amazing how news travels so quickly around this place.......

cheers

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
DiamondGeezer

Basil said:
Enjoy......... and I do hope you keep yourself as "OnlyS4me". Or perhaps later as "OnlyA4me"

PS. Diamondgeezer has been informed so you will be able to keep each other company......Amazing how news travels so quickly around this place.......

cheers
Correct, but he was the 1st one who did know this (we've allready been on speakin' terms) ;) .

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
There is a New Cooper S rival on the Block :eek: :eek:

The New Sear Leon Cupra R

1.8 Turbo, 207bhp
0-60 7.0 secs & a top speed of 147mph :eek: :eek:

:cool: :cool: :cool:

£18,500

·
Registered
431 Posts
smiffy said:
There is a New Cooper S rival on the Block :eek: :eek:

The New Sear Leon Cupra R

1.8 Turbo, 207bhp
0-60 7.0 secs & a top speed of 147mph :eek: :eek:

:cool: :cool: :cool:

£18,500
4Car weren't too impressed with it. It is only slightly faster than the Cupra. They think it is expensive. The price starts at £18,500, but that doesn't include the Recaro interior, Brembo brakes or 18" wheels. And it apparantly suffers with torque-steer. And the interior is BORING! But it is practical (5 doors, big boot).

You can buy the standard Cupra and have it chipped by the dealer to the same BHP (210), saving yourself at least £3000.

OnlyS4Me. Hope you like the Civic. I also intend to trade my S in for the Alpina version in a few years (If they ever make it).

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
OnlyS4me,

I have to say I am surprised to hear that you have opted for the Honda, but to be honest I think you have done the right thing.

As much as I love my Mini, I have found the experience slightly soured by the faults that I have on my car. I think the Mini is one of the best drivers cars around on the road, but at the Moment the built quality is not up to scratch, not matter what anyone says. In hindsight I would have given it a couple of years, but I have never been one to wait:rolleyes:

My dealership as way of compensation have offered me £750 off my Cooper S come August, but truth be told I am not sure whether to risk it. I am going to see how things go with the Cooper, then come August if all is well I will get the Cooper S, however should I feel in anyway unhappy, Honda Civic Type-R here I come;)

Good luck with your Honda and let us know how you get on:)

Cheers

LMB :)

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
Hey guys...I'm truly (honestly) not trying to start a flame war or anything...just an observation though. That second picture...well...doesn't it look a lot like a small minivan?

Don't get me wrong, I like the car, I don't want one but, I do think it's decent. It just looks so much like a minivan in that picture I can't get over it. I'm sure it's probably just the.

Seriously though, congratulations OnlyS4me, you need to buy what you realy like and what you can live with. The Honda probably has a little more utility value as well. That never hurts.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yurinaut said:
Hey guys...I'm truly (honestly) not trying to start a flame war or anything...just an observation though. That second picture...well...doesn't it look a lot like a small minivan?

Don't get me wrong, I like the car, I don't want one but, I do think it's decent. It just looks so much like a minivan in that picture I can't get over it. I'm sure it's probably just the.

Seriously though, congratulations OnlyS4me, you need to buy what you realy like and what you can live with. The Honda probably has a little more utility value as well. That never hurts.

Cheers,
Mike

ha ha ha ha........... :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
point of view

Yurinaut said:
Hey guys...I'm truly (honestly) not trying to start a flame war or anything...just an observation though. That second picture...well...doesn't it look a lot like a small minivan? . . .
And you yanks aren`t allowed to have one!

That is not a good pic OnlyS4me - I`m a fan too and reckon that it looks great, especially from the driver`s seat and here . . .

Attachments

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Re: point of view

Jakx said:
And you yanks aren`t allowed to have one!

That is not a good pic OnlyS4me - I`m a fan too and reckon that it looks great, especially from the driver`s seat and here . . .
What about this one ;) ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That rear spoiler will be real handy for storing pot's of paint on in the garage.....good idea Honda. Very practical. Very clinical.

No one's mentioned the new Corolla have they. Looks MUCH MUCH better than the Civic and a VERY VERY quick one is one it's way to Oz. Looks a bit like an A3, and although similar to the Civic and 307, doesn't have the shovel front end like the Civic. Don't you think the Civic is TOO wide at the front ?

I saw my first Civic at the Brisbane Motor show and did not like it at all. Even the New Integra Type-R does nothing for me...... sat in it....nice seats, HORRIBLE dash......no cockpit, American styling (no offence) sucks big time. Sorry but there's no way I'd buy one.

:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Basil said:
That rear spoiler will be real handy for storing pot's of paint on in the garage.....good idea Honda. Very practical. Very clinical.

No one's mentioned the new Corolla have they. Looks MUCH MUCH better than the Civic and a VERY VERY quick one is one it's way to Oz. Looks a bit like an A3, and although similar to the Civic and 307, doesn't have the shovel front end like the Civic. Don't you think the Civic is TOO wide at the front ?

I saw my first Civic at the Brisbane Motor show and did not like it at all. Even the New Integra Type-R does nothing for me...... sat in it....nice seats, HORRIBLE dash......no cockpit, American styling (no offence) sucks big time. Sorry but there's no way I'd buy one.

:D
Basil,

Thanks for your private message informing me of M's decision to go for the R but as he has stated, we have been in touch via e-mail for a few weeks now.

He's not going to be disappointed and hopefully he'll post his views on the R here once he's taken delivery.

The Corolla looks disgusting and has come out poorly in the reviews it has received. Give me the R anyday.

;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DiamondGeezer said:

Basil,

Thanks for your private message informing me of M's decision to go for the R but as he has stated, we have been in touch via e-mail for a few weeks now.

He's not going to be disappointed and hopefully he'll post his views on the R here once he's taken delivery.

The Corolla looks disgusting and has come out poorly in the reviews it has received. Give me the R anyday.

;)
Ha ha ha, no problem. I'm sure he'll love his Type-R. I have little doubt it's a wonderful car, but we'll have to agree to disagree on the emotive side of it's looks. Personaly I prefer the shape of the corolla over the Civic, but the Type-R is in a different league to it's lessor MPV brethren in both looks and performance.

Enjoy, whilst the rest of us await patiently delivery of our pocket rockets.

cheers mate

·
Registered
121 Posts
Type-R
Just another EURO-HATCH with a big engine, nothing special - The MINI is unique!

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
DiamondGeezer said:

;)
Agree!!!! I hate the look of the T-sport, it's way out of porpotion, too long front overhang, odd looking heck and copycat A3 taillights:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts