MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just really like to say huge thanks to Geoff and Chris for all of their help today in helping out when my MINI needed a helping hand.

You guys saved my bacon.. given my little knowledge of the actual mechaincs of a car.... sorry the wheel was a bit dirty.

So again... Thanks Guys.

Also thanks to the nice guy who lent me the use of his jack (only one at the meet).... sorry, but I have forgotten your name.

Dan

·
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^UB^ said:
Yeah i wouldnt mind getting a jack too

So what happened today Dan?
Well.. first off 276 posts... you are on fire... lucky I backed out of the 500 Race!!

Only a minor thing, a stone got caught up between the brake disc and the disc guard on the left front which causes a horible scratching aluminium type noise to come from the wheel...... the sound is really bad for such a little problem.

Was not a big thing, but Chris and Geoff knew the problem so they helped me get the (very dirty) wheel off and helped get the stone out (which was ****y by the way).

The big problem was the lack of Jack..... the group buy is a bit of a joke we had today, but all in all, probably not a bad idea.

Dan

·
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^UB^ said:
First time ive heard of something like that, what were u guys doing!? Rally your MINIs on gravel roads :D
Not at all, I was by myself just driving to th mini meet, came off a main road in to the park where the meet was (all on bitumen by the way) and then it happened.

Strange but true.... maybe one for the xfiles.

Dan

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Good to see there is a great camaraderie between all Mini owners!!

Club or not we have a very well oiled machine in operation... It is activities like this that make me proud to be a mini owner - be it a damaged one:rolleyes:.

Great to see Chris and Geoff jumped in the help Dan get back on the road minus the squealing disc.

Todd

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
I've had that happen on my S once, and on my Audi A3 a few times - I found that going in reverse a bit often gets the rocks out :)

And I've also been in a number of situations where not having a jack in your Cooper S is bloody annoying :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.