MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its a chilly morning this morning, around 0ºC.
Do the runflats turn to iron in the cold!! There was just no grip, even when I pulled away really gently I could detect wheel spin. I am surprised at just how bad they are!
Dread to think what they will be like in the snow!!

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Certainly was - yeh i had the same problems with my old set of rf but must admit my non rf toy's didnt score very highely in the snow test & i had a bit of wheel spin this morning but glad they werent as bad as my rf

The rf are even worse in snow - be safer to take your sledge lol!

Yet to find a car that copes in ice & snow

Haven't tried my toyo's yet in snow but they did ok this morning

·
Registered
92 Posts
I haven't driven mine in the recent cold weather but they're not too bad in the cold and rain. Would prefer non run flat but want to shag the factory tyres first.

In other news there was ice all over my bonnet and roof this morning. Distressing!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Old Beetles worked quite well.
My brother used to drive around me in my Triumph in the snow.
He got my mother the nurse to work on many snow days.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Well its a chilly morning this morning, around 0ºC.
Do the runflats turn to iron in the cold!! There was just no grip, even when I pulled away really gently I could detect wheel spin. I am surprised at just how bad they are!
Dread to think what they will be like in the snow!!
Your MINI Profile indicates you're running Dunlop SP Sport 9000 DSST tires. These are Summer tires and not meant for driving in ice or snow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Best I car I ever drove in the snow was a Fiat 126:D
Rear engine, rear wheel drive. Don't know if the same applies to Porsche 911's ;)

Rob
it does not. It's kinda like staring death in the face and hoping you don't blink first.

FACT

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your MINI Profile indicates you're running Dunlop SP Sport 9000 DSST tires. These are Summer tires and not meant for driving in ice or snow.
In the UK we tend to run Summer tyres all year round. I don't know why.
In fact my brother has a set of winter tyres on his Volvo, and he has to pay extra on his insurance when he fits the winter tyres!! Crazy...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Summer tyres all year round for me. Ideally I'd love to drive on Toyo R888's all year round but not sure that the weather allows for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts