MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
It's a 17x8 pin like the ones used on the engine block mounting dowel 11117525892
Question is how the hell did it end up there.
i would also hope they did replace it when they lost and not just stuck head back on again without it,, as there a two one on each end they stop gasket shuffle and head shuffle as the head bolts have a 0-5mm gap to the holes on the head ie get slight movement without the dowels in,,, would not think anyone could be that stupid not to fit them hopefully if was done in a garage then i would think t was fine, but some diy guy in his garage having a go might not know the importance of them just keep eye on it once fixed or bite the bullet and pull head, gasket and head bolts £50 3 hours while engine out piece of mind might be the option

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm thinking the same re the head gasket, but the head casing hasn't moved and the dowel isn't the right size for that.
It's the ladder that you'd drop to check the big end bearings on the tis.

Anyhow mad a bearing inserted and that's the timing side fitted.
What a breeze with the engine out.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Peugeot changed alot of parts to their version of this engine.
Some obvious most not.
Engine is in and getting closer to starting this thing up.
Replaced so much of the car already she better appreciate it

Attachments

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
hence the reason why always just use the bare engine, its funny the 1.6hdi psa engines are used in mini diesels as well and volvo and ford etc i fitted a ford pre dpf 1.6hdi engine in to a 58 plate mini clubman and got it all to work nicely put just about every thing needed to swapping over as through the years things get updated and also some engines are made in uk and some in spain and other places so get different updates for different brands,, but the basic mechanical tend to be the same,, the 1.6hdi engines after 2011 had a different head and vac pump etc so cant be used on mini, plus march 2010 the dreaded n47 diesels were thrown in and just made things worse

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well it all started well.
I used your previous advice on the Delphi ds150 and flashed it with Wow.
Done all the adaptations resets and scans and so far so good.

Just need to sort out why the clutch hydraulics are now not working.
Brakes are good, and on the first gen they shared the fluid.

A big thank you to Mike 1967.

Side note I might rebuild the old head and get that skimmed, Mike your thoughts please.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Well it all started well.
I used your previous advice on the Delphi ds150 and flashed it with Wow.
Done all the adaptations resets and scans and so far so good.

Just need to sort out why the clutch hydraulics are now not working.
Brakes are good, and on the first gen they shared the fluid.

A big thank you to Mike 1967.

Side note I might rebuild the old head and get that skimmed, Mike your thoughts please.
if its been cooked then chance are it will be a gamble. glad it all worked out well nice feeling when they do some are just a pain from start to finish from a lot of pain in arse issues with them, trouble so much to go wrong and so much can go wrong,, little tip never use anything but genuine spark plugs or NGK on them,, i stuck a set of denso iridium plugs on my cooper s and have been getting smokey wispy tails out exhaust and slight back fire on overrun and puff of white smoke at bottom of long hills,, so done a catch can and today checked it to find petrol droplets in side it,, speaking to the guy who rebuilt fuel pump really sound guy as was thinking this was leaking on main shaft,, told him about rebuild and plugs as soon as i said it he said thats the issue the coil packs on prince engines are not strong enough to work on those plugs,, hmmm learn something new every day with these bloody cars,, my good thoughts of sticking strong hard plugs in it to can add more fuel and power on the mapping shot myself in the foot,, thank god it was my car and that i have not driven it to far to hurt the fresh rebuilt motor,, anyone who owns a prince engine car really should put atleast one catch can on the turbo side and check it for petrol smells and in my case petrol in the bottom,, ironically this car just goes so well when flat out was just pooling fuel on the over runs,,

21 - 28 of 28 Posts