MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right im just after some help really, recently I have been strongly thinking about replacing my 51 Cooper. A few factors were making me want a change including the milage on the car slowly creeping up. The only problem is I cant find a replacement car which I would like more than my Mini, so I have decided that I am just going to keep it because I love it so much.

Basically I want some ideas for different things I could do to the Mini to keep things fresh and looking cool. Internally and externally and from the cheapest of things to the more expensive.

I have uploaded a picture so you can see the car how it is at the moment.

Many Thanks

James

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Get a red dash to match your seats and door cards.

Also get an Aero kit put on, change the strips and mirror caps to black, and vinyl the white roof to black - sweeeet! Then look at getting some black JCW wheels! Oh yes :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you actually get red dashes or is that a spray thing? Any pictures? I'm liking that idea.

Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well i kind of like mine too and dont want to sell,so i thought i'd turn it into a really nice driving Pepper white cooper with,
A Pipercross intake
ABorla cat back
Backed up with a MTH chip
and some Bridgestone Potenzas on 17" wheels,
but that's where the problem all started!!!!!!! i got the fever,
so now am stuffing urathane bushes into everything i can find
with a Helix clutch stage 1
IE adjustable camber plates
with strut mount braces
along with a set of Koni Fsd's on stock springs
and an H-sport 19mm rear sway bar.
Please dont give me any more brilliant ideas i cant afford it .:D

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Full valet would make it look like new inside and close outside. Could get it detailed for perfection. Personalised numberplate would hide the age too.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
2.5yrs though - it would freshen it a lot! Could always get the aero kit - to the untrained eye, it would then have the possibility to be a 06 plate!

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
2.5yrs though - it would freshen it a lot! Could always get the aero kit - to the untrained eye, it would then have the possibility to be a 06 plate!
If you put a pp and an aero kit and all the other stuff listed above, it would be cheaper to sell it and buy an 06 ;)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
True, but what you pay for an 06 is very different to trade in - average trade in is about £9000 for a cooper, but you'll pay a hell of a lot more from a dealer. The performance mods don't change the look though, which is what I understood he wanted really. An aerokit is £1000 and you can get personalised or not so number plates for £150!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
And your tax would be £400 a year as of april

1 - 20 of 30 Posts