MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently on a journey from Weymouth down to Cornwall. I had a series of warning lights (Mini One - 13 months old 5000 miles) - I had tyre pressure warning - seat belt warning - ABS warning - Engine yellow warning - steering lock warning - the speedo stopped working - and finally the trip computer etc stopped working - think I had a few more as well. Called into Ocean BMW in Plymouth to see if the car was safe to drive (using my Sat Nav in lieu of the speedo) - oh and the fuel gauge packed up as well. They sat me down - kept me fed with biscuits and coffee while they took the car in there and then to diagnose the problem. An hour later they had reset all the warnings but said that the ABS Unit (mounted on the bulkhead under the air filter etc) was at fault and causing all the spurious warning lights. They ordered the part booked the car in and lent me a nearly new Mini Cooper for two days. Took the car in - all fixed - plus a couple of minor recalls and the latest programmes downloaded to the PC's etc. Car was handed back spotless inside and out and I then set off to Edinburgh without any further problems. Without a doubt the best service I have received from any dealer in 35 years of driving.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts