MINI Cooper Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I'm in my 40's and just passed my driving test (first time!). It was getting embarrassing not driving at my age so I just did a crash course and got my license.

I've been advised over and over to lease a new car, don't buy and don't do PCP/PCH. This way I can get a new car and if it's not for me, hand it back after 3 yrs (or whatever the length is).

When I first looked, Clubmans were very reasonable but now Countryman's have the better deals. There is a Countryman 2.0 Cooper S Chili pack available at a good 3 year deal.

I am always pulled towards my local Mini dealership who offer PCP - but it's a lot more expensive. I have a test drive of a Countryman coming up and they promise they'll have good deals soon. But they are never as good as the leasing company's - and the leasing company has more spec'd up models available.

As a first car - is getting a Mini on lease better for me?

Any advice welcome!
I'm glad you asked this question. I'm over middle-aged (53), but have had many cars during my lifetime. I've leased more than half of them, but this is the first time I've chosen a Mini. I ordered one, but haven't decided if I want to lease or buy. I will be eager to read the replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've tried both methods. purchased fresh on hp Another time, I rented a car from scratch over a period of three years, but when I handed it back after those three years, I had nothing to show for all those payments and had to pay for excess miles, any stone chips, etc. The third method is the most effective. Purchase an ex-demo vehicle, let someone else to lose the tax and depreciation, and pressure the dealer for a better offer, an extended warranty, etc.
Just don't enjoy the sensation of abandoning a car after spending so much money over three years as its all gone on a hire agreement

21 - 23 of 23 Posts