MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been browsing the forums for a little while now. Trying to read up on the pros and cons of the Mini S. Thus far, the pros, seem to outweight the cons. Well I am in the process of buying a new car. I had a VW GTI 1.8t, and after an accident a year ago, my car has never been the same.

Thus far I have been looking at the Si mostly for reliability reasons, SRT4 only for speed reasons, a 20th anniversary GTI, and of course the Mini S. Thus far the mini S is coming on top with the 20th running second. I know the mini is the third quickest of the 4 i mentioned, but it seems to be the best car as in putting a smile on my face everytime I get behind the wheel :D <--- just like that

I might eventually modify my Mini as I did the GTI. So as for that, what are some good companies to look at that deals with Mini's? Also, since I am in NoVA I was wondering were some of you guys got your rides from, Sterling, annopolis, VA beach. Any dealer better than the other in you opinion? I have had a good quote from a dealer in florida w/ the package(sports package & maybe sunroof) I would like to have. With that, I have no problem flying to FL and driving that baby back. I need a dang vacation.

Anything you guys want to express to me about this car, or any suggestions on myself buying the car. Do you think I should wait for the 05, or maybe just maybe I might get a deal on a 04?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
In truth thats going to be a hard one to say about. Most like myself will have only dealt with one Dealer for the Purchasing experence. Crown Mini for me in Richmond, VA. Then may have gone elsewhere for servicing and buying of parts (Crown, Sterling, Checkered Flag(Va beach)) and have found differences in the two areas. In purchasing a New MINI Barry and the crew at Crown will bend over backwards like most to get you into the car. For the parts i shop all three to see who has the part in stock vs having to order it. For service Crown is only 5 mins from my house so its convent(cant spell) and Havent really done anything to cause my disrespect. Being that i was in the Motorcycle repair business. Cerent delays like when a supplier drops the ball on a deliervy date even though you promise the owner you would havent it done by a cerent time. can happen. Things to keep an eye for is the Repaints and blemishes (as with any new car), closing of the rear hatch, running of the washer line on the passager (right) side of the Hood (bonnett). once closed look at the seem on the right side if work needed to be done the hose will be in the seem and popping out on this side. I've seen this on several cars at Crown, Sterling and Checkered Flag. Granted its a minor annoyance but it does bug me to see that on a NEW car.

As for 04 vs 05 depends if you like the Face lift or not. Since the changes are really exterior it doesnt make a difference to me on how the car should feel and react. It's just your opinion of what you like in looks that should make the difference. Since its you that will live with the car. Be happy with what you chose and go with the heart and not your head since it will be filled with other peoples idea of whats right and not your own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply.

I didn't even realize their was a slight body change to the 05, just thought the increase in hp, and the convertibles coming out. Oh well, time to do a little more research. Thanks for the help, and more is welcomed!

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
I personally like the looks of the 20th anniversary the most, the reliability of the Si (owned an 02' for about 18 months), and like you said the balls out speed of the SRT-4. But for an all around excellent package and amazing stock handling the Mini Cooper S just can't be beat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Poisonedwell
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing