MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching to find a good car seat (travel system) to place in my 03 MCS. Naturally, my wife's bigger car will be the primary transportation, but I would like my son to enjoy the fun ride of my MINI as well. We are thinking of getting a Graco travel system. Has anyone bought the new "Mosaic" line stroller (and the car seat that goes with it)? I would like to know whether I can fit this particular model into the bonet... Of course, any opinion on the car seat would be appreciated as well... It seems to be a new item and has some mixed reviews from US users. Seems like Graco's first attempt on this (taken directly from their web page "European styling meets American convenience in the NEW Mosaic Stroller!"

Here is the link for this particular system to give you an idea: Mosaic
Interactive demo is useful to show how it operates....

Thanks in advance for your comments!!!

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Congratulations!

This Graco is new so I don't know if it fits. The only stroller that used to fit was the Peg Perego "Aria" (in the USA). Most folding stroller are too long...I'd guess this is the case with the Graco after looking at the demo (but I may be wrong).

Any good babyshop will let you try out the stuff before you buy. Be sure to do so. One warning the Graco infant seats are murder to remove from the MINI due to the crummy latches.

I know I wanted to be able to take our baby out in the MINI, but truthfully, my wife's much larger car has been the exclusive baby-mobile and our Aria stroller has never been unpacked from the box :rolleyes:

At least there are no Cheerio residues in the MINI ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Spy Car for the reply...
We spent the weekend looking at different strollers, car seats, bases, etc... After trying several, we decided to go with Combi Savvy EX stroller and a matching Combi Connections car seat. Although the Graco Mosaic looks promising, it looked like the next version (or the one after that) will be a good compact stroller (especially since this is very different than their other strollers). However, the Graco infant carseats that were compatible with this particular stroller were really bulky with lots of plastic everywhere.
The Combi stroller is VERY light and features a tri-fold. You can actually carry this stroller on your shoulder or store it in an overhead compartment. The base looks small and the Connection car seat goes in an out of the base very easily (two latches on the handle). Based on our test-drive, I ordered a set online. Of course, I should be able to give more "hands-on" opinion about this in few months :)
Thanks again! Here are the pictures in case anyone wants to know how they look.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpyCar,
I think I am in a same position.... The Combi stroller and the car-seat became part of my wife's "larger" car, and now there is a Peg Perego Aria in the boot of my MCS. I also think that it is not going to be used very often, but a few "fun-rides" in a MINI is what I am looking for... :)
Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have been using the Combi EX travel system (Pictured above) in our wife's '02 MC and it has worked very well. My baby boy is 3 months old but growing incredibly fast. he is already 16 pounds and 24 inches long, so in about another month or so he is going to outgrow the Combi EX carrier.

For my '05 MCS, we use a fixed rear facing britax Roundabout car seat (Awesome, awesome seat, highly recommended) and the Peg Perego Aria stroller.

So far so good...

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELP with infant car seat!

My husband and I live in the city and share our mini convertable S as our only car. We are having a baby and looking into the shortest infant car seats since obviously the mini is... mini. We have tried the Graco snugride, maxi cosi and the graco keyfit and although they fit in the cooper, no one can comfortably ride in the passenger seat, even me and I'm 5'2. Does anyone have any suggestions on specific short carseats that would still allow someone of 5'9 to sit in the passenger seat?!? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts