MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anoraks please queue here.

Prepare to lose any friends you thought you had by repeating to them the facts you find in this thread. The info here is ideal to fill those awkward gaps in conversation at a bar - or perhaps to break the ice with your future in-laws. :eek:

I thought I'd kick off with some stunningly interesting insurance data :eek: :eek:

The only vehicles listed by the ABI, with a larger engine capacity AND lower insurance group than a MINI One are:

• Renault Clio Diesel various trim levels - 1870cc (bet you want a BE BOP now)
  • Peugeot 306 Diesel - 1905 cc (SLALOM anyone?)
  • Aro 240 or 243 - Petrol or Diesel - 2112cc/2495cc - (It's Romanian you know)
The above stunners are all group 4 and are more than a match for BMW's baby, as you'll all agree.

The only petrol engined cars with a lower rating than the Cooper's Group 8E are:

• certain Peugeot 306 models with 1721cc engine
  • certain VW Golf's with the 1781cc engine
  • countless Landrovers
Disclaimer:
The above data may not be entirely accurate but it is guaranteed to be 100% useless.

·
Enjoying Married Life!
501 Posts
Useless, friendless information

Okay,

did you know that the reason womens clothing buttons up the opposite way to mens is because:

Originally, all buttons were buttoned the same way, the way us fellas do:buttons on the right, holes on the left. During the reign of Queen Victoria, when high society women were dressed by maids, it became apparant that the maids had difficulty in doing up the buttons in reverse so Queenie ordered that all fashionable ladies garments were to be made with reversed buttons and it seemed to have stuck. It also makes it a lot easier for people of the opposite sex to undress each other in a hurry...

I think the jist of the above is true but if not it's quite interesting none the less........zzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
smartbomb said:
OK,
Anyone know who said 'ladies and gentlemen, Miss Grace Jones' on her track 'pull up to the bumper' ?
No... But I do know that Liquid Paper was invented by the mother of Mike Nesmith of The Monkees.

Essential

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
rich said:

No... But I do know that Liquid Paper was invented by the mother of Mike Nesmith of The Monkees.

Essential
And Mike Nesmith, like other '60's rock stars (see below) had a classic Mini cooper S :).

Attachments

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Well as to answer the floods of requests it was Ian 'Lovejoy' McShane....!

As for the Monkees, Davy Jones married a woman from Saffron Walden, right Neil ? I have seen Mickey Dolenz in Lakeside..don't ask what I was doing there !

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
smartbomb said:
Well as to answer the floods of requests it was Ian 'Lovejoy' McShane....!

As for the Monkees, Davy Jones married a woman from Saffron Walden, right Neil ? I have seen Mickey Dolenz in Lakeside..don't ask what I was doing there !

Well Smartbomb what was you doing there then.:p :p :p

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
zoooooom said:

How old is your mum? is she good looking?????????:D :D

She's to young for you Zoooooom you'd be better booking a saga holiday and finding some chicks there,good looking of course just like me.:p :p :p :p

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Lakeside ? Well r....I was.er..er....looking for...er...Mike Nesmith !
:D
For all info freaks....
Michael Caine ad libbed the 'doors off' line in the Italian Job ,the script for that line was a little different....
His real name is Maurice Micklewhite....
2 facts for the price of 1 !

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
dinger said:

She's to young for you Zoooooom you'd be better booking a saga holiday and finding some chicks there,good looking of course just like me.:p :p :p :p
Your mum must read this as well as you with that crawling statement (too young for zoooooom) surely not:D

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
zoooooom said:

Your mum must read this as well as you with that crawling statement (too young for zoooooom) surely not:D

Well Zoooooom she's actually standing right behind me swinging a rather large dead cod ready to hit me with it.................ouch she just did.:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
dinger said:

Well Zoooooom she's actually standing right behind me swinging a rather large dead cod ready to hit me with it.................ouch she just did.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well done MUM he deserves it I'm sure:D
Any good with a whip?;) MUM that is not Dinger.

P.S. this is my 300th post thanks MUM:cool:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
zoooooom said:
sounds like this is another thread that is straying:D
Stray's are good !!!!.......

PS. did you go back and look at that dangly thing....i've posted a pic of it's manhood just for you !!!

:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts