MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right guys and gals

The Mini Invasion

I have ran this passed a couple of fellow mini2ers and we think its a smart idea.

I have taken the unbelievable step of trying to organise a run to France :eek: - yep the same guy that got lost to the NEC and in the Dales - oh dear!

We wish to plan a trip to France in the future - similar to the Stelvio run but without the crazyness of 10 countries in 10 days - I would have loved to do that but i think my car would be wrecked!! :eek:

Does or has anybody been to France (driving) and can they advise on where to go as a Run and also places to stay etc.

I think for the time being I am curious on those that would be interested and see how the list goes.

No dates in particular come to mind so suggestions are welcome ;)

Also, think of the wine you can bring back!!! Who needs lowering springs eh?! :eek: ;)

I only want to see the interest in this before organising etc takes place and I hope a Mini2 senior would take the reigns as I am hopeless at this sort of thing! :rolleyes:

Update already: I can't see this being an expensive do but again those in the know please advise

Possibile Dates
25 June 2005
Easter 2005

List

1. scooby212
2. Veron781
3. Rich_IX
4. thedaddyuk02
5. MiniAdventurer
6. UKC4
7. Beastmaster
8. Pooh
9. Redun

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
scooby,

I am in an internet cafe at the mo, however, I shall post more when I am back at base on Sunday.

By choice, I go via tunnel and stay at Ibis hotels. They are comfy basic tourist hotels, all room en-suite, but you would need to bring your own hair dryer.

Avoid the toll roads and go via N (national) roads, or even smaller roads. Went to Leige and Spa and met up with quite a few Euro MINIs in Feb 2003 (you can find the write up in Apple's site, Photo Gallery 2003).

More later ;)

DK ;) :apple:

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
hmmmmm might be interested, depending on when/money matters of course :rolleyes:

my parents are driving through france next week, i'll ask them if they come up with anything good...

oh and i speak french :D

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea cheers for the Beastmaster - i cant make those dates but would have been fun - would you be interested in coming on a future run? if so let me know and il stick in you the list above

you could be ideal in leading ;)

·
MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,106 Posts
I'd be very interested in doing this sounds like fun. all we need is satnav that does france and go for launch!! lol.

And if this does go ahead I can organise a Yorkshire Mini convoy to meet at the main point were everybody will be. This sound like a plan.

·
Peanut Groupie
1,303 Posts
Me and Peanut are going to France in the Summer from 25th June onwards for a fortnight. First stop is the International New Mini Meet in Lommel Belgium for 3 days after which we are off to the South of France. If you can work anything around that we would be interested.

Alternatively, we will be driving to the South of France for a fortnight over Easter, so if you did anything then that would be good too.

Cheers Ade and Chris

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
i'm really up for INMM next year... i believe it's morty who's organising/chairing it?

october 9th is way too soon for me and i'm sure i'm doing something then anyway... no money, too much work, sorry!

next summer sounds great though :cool:

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
scooby212 said:
yea me too MiniA

but may coincide with the INMM thing :confused:

DK was to get back to me on this :eek: :rolleyes: and hasnt

tut tut
i think that's the point... drive through france to INMM... :confused:

on mini2mini.org in meetings and events there's a thread about INMM... or just pm Morty on here i guess :confused:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
22 Participants
jamo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing