MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-> TLC definelty becomes invalidated
-> Should you experience a problem with your car after geting the Conversion, BMW have instructed their dealers to contact them prior to repairing the car. Read into that what you will :eek:

LMB:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeh m8 i have asked that the JC kits as well, i have been told that it is allowed at the end of the day however if anything goes wrong that is related to the kit- they will not fix it... so for example if the gearbox failed because of the extra power you'll have to pay for it... thats what i've been told- hope that helps i'm in deep thoughts about whether or not i should get it at the moment- the power upgrade is a bit hefty for me (£2500) but might go ahead with that body kit :)

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
John Cooper's must have been telling porkies when I asked them, then. Hmmm.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Now the price for the Cooper S is confirmed, I can't see the point in the JC Works kit for the Cooper. The Cooper S costs £2,900 more than the Cooper, but you effectively get the Chili pack (£1,000), ASC+T (£100), alarm (£200) and aluminium interior (£100?), so the supercharged engine, body kit and 6 speed gearbox cost you £1,500. Sounds like a bargain if you are looking for more power.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Red & White Cooper 2 said:
Now the price for the Cooper S is confirmed, I can't see the point in the JC Works kit for the Cooper. The Cooper S costs £2,900 more than the Cooper, but you effectively get the Chili pack (£1,000), ASC+T (£100), alarm (£200) and aluminium interior (£100?), so the supercharged engine, body kit and 6 speed gearbox cost you £1,500. Sounds like a bargain if you are looking for more power.
Good point. I bet if I traded my Cooper, Chilli pack + all the goodies for a Cooper "S" the difference I would pay wouldn't be far off the Cooper Works kit. I know which I'd rather have. 132 BHP against 165 BHP. No contest!;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
yeh suppose your right, but will have to wait another 8 months for delivery :( and i wouldn't even get insured on the b*%&* :(:(:(:(

·
Registered
272 Posts
oh can anyone please tell me if the body kit on the silver cooper works car is made by john cooper or bmw? i just wanted to know where i could get it... does anyone have it already?

thx

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
It is the official MINI Aerodynamics package,

Front apron - 51 11 0 140 629 - £275
Left/right skirt - 51 71 00 140 630/631 - £190
Rear apron - 51 12 0 130 632 - £250
Roof spoiler - 51 71 0 140 633 - £155

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Insurance group

What is the insurance group for the Cooper 'S' ?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
LMB said:
-> TLC definelty becomes invalidated
-> Should you experience a problem with your car after geting the Conversion, BMW have instructed their dealers to contact them prior to repairing the car. Read into that what you will :eek:

LMB:D

Hate to rub it in but TOLD YOU SO!!!!:p

·
Registered
343 Posts
All Cleared up

Thanks to Paul who has now kindly posted the offcial comments from JCG about the TLC and Warranty.

No more confusion:D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
monsta said:
It is the official MINI Aerodynamics package,

Front apron - 51 11 0 140 629 - £275
Left/right skirt - 51 71 00 140 630/631 - £190
Rear apron - 51 12 0 130 632 - £250
Roof spoiler - 51 71 0 140 633 - £155
Excellent job Monsta, where'd you manage to get the split prices from? I got a price list from my dealer for the Mini accessories and it quotes £1600 for the aerodynamic pack!! Do you think this includes fitting or is it something else that's added?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I've got a print out of everything that is available in the brochure.. I think the price you were quoted for includes fitting and painting.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I personally prefer the look of the Cooper compared to the Cooper S. If you want more power check out germanformula.com - they offer a turbo package taking the Mini Cooper upto 260BHP +
Now that is gonna go some!... :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts